• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lulubelle

Don't hollow it out. Some plans, from the manufacturer, to help you reshape the kit parts to something more presentable.

hcdc1fa3.jpg

h6435c4b.jpg

h2d2c92c.jpg

h16a9648.jpg

h49b5f17.jpg

hf3c4d67.jpg

h18a2470.jpg

h7eba5e2.jpg

hf47f4ba.jpg

h5911a1f.jpg

h7efbfa0.jpg

haa20bf0.jpg

h97624f3.jpg

he758bef.jpg

h936f952.jpg

h814a3ca.jpg

hd4cd002.jpg

h11bda38.jpg

h45256a4.jpg

Regards,

Wow, thanks Saul. Going to have to go get a micrometer to get it right. I doubt I'll be that precise but I bet you'll recognize it for Lullubelle.

I like the shape of that cast hull also.

Another resource I'm using is the movie Sahara and this site. http://bountyjumper.blogspot.com/2009/03/lulubelle-m3-medium-tank-study.html
That's where I saw it about the air cleaners and exhaust.

Saul you supplied ample examples of the boggies in the kit, along with the incorrect (even to my eyes) set with the return roller on a trailing support.

I'll look closer and see which will work.

I did some shaping on the kit turret, I got the sense that the angle of the riser was not right so I tried to add a bit more slope, also the curvature at the top of the sides did not seem right so I made it more round.

h7341425.jpg

Original on the right. Whacha think? :soldier

I've seen, and even have "Sahara". I know you're going to do a masterful job on Lulubelle. I'm watching this one close!

I like that MP! (y)

I really do not have a good picture of the area you are working on the turret, but here are these

850_zpsk9lhzdeu.jpg

M3Lee15_zps8a5ba649.jpg

walk around

https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1051

Maybe I have something to help you out

I didn't remember that I gave them to you! :D So, it seems I gave you the full deal (2 early VVSS and one mid VVS). This being the case, you have two releases of early VVSS with one bing an incorrect one (too tall by 2mm) which Academy corrected and sent me sprues. So, pick the shorter one.

The turret is looking better!

Regards,

I'll get a snap of what you sent, the original kit set has that trailing return roller setup like in your first right side elevation drawing. Then there are some that look like what's on the M3A2.

Sahara22.jpg

This is the one I'm looking for and I'm pretty sure it's the tan colored parts that are in the box. I'll try and get a picture tonight. Long day today.

I actually found this with explanations:

"I found an Academy M-12, minus the driver's interior, Thanks Moon Puppy!
AcademyM12.JPG

which will include the following as a bonus:
AcademyM3Lee.JPG

1 complete Academy M-3 Lee (I glued the hull interior floor to the hull tub). This kit has the following additions. I complete Trakz update, a replacement sprue from the Academy Grant which has the corrected suspension, plus the corrected suspension left over from the M-7 Priest kit which can be used to backdate the M-12. Three track sets, two smooth and one three bar cleat, will be included.
All for $30USD + shipping.

With the corrected early VVSS parts, no need to do this:
M7-032.jpg

I guess you got your Lulu-Belle!"

regards

Yep that's it, but I don't think the tracks made it unless they are in the M12 kit. nothing to worry about, I've already ordered some Friul T51 tracks for it. :soldier

h9f8736a.jpg

Either of the two in the middle will work for Lulubelle.

Looking back and forth between what we have here and the screen shot of Lulubelle's boogies (hehe..Boogie) I think there's yet another style of them, the riser coming up that holds the return roller looks to be not as tall in the screen shot.

The return roller mount should measure a scale 5.75" tall from the main casting.

Regards,

I think they used two different tanks.

Check this.
Sahara22.jpg

Vers this

Sahara10.jpg

The riser that holds the return roller is different. Do you see it?

:hmmm Hard to tell since the angle is different& of course, the 1st pic looks like s still shot of a moving tank... I see a difference in the sprocket looking thingy by his head. That what ya referring to? Or the wheel that's gonna run him over?

Indeed, they used more than one tank but the return roller tower is the same on both. However, follow the outer splines to see the difference in the casting. On those of the moving tank, they are rounded while sharp on the bogie of the second photo.

h88cff32.jpg

Regards,

Back