• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The Figures Updated Feb 8th, 2021

Logistics, The Figures Updated August 16, 2014

Finally back on the bench. I was thinking somebody might like to see what 200 American G.I.s look like all together. The first box is the 25 101st Airborne completed.

000_zps945c0a08.jpg

Then this box contain the ones I haven't started yet.

0000_zps4f65f51b.jpg

Then the ones in various stages of completion.

00_zps1fc4e8fe.jpg

Two more angles.

[
00000_zps26327b9a.jpg

000000_zps9d494ae3.jpg

And finally all of them together!

0_zpsaa7cc133.jpg

Aside from these two hundred which I should have finished by november, I have another 30 German P.O.W.s, and 120 German civilians and refugees. Only maybe 20% of them are finished, but I should have them all completed by March or April. Then it's all downhill from there!

Logistics, The Figures Updated September 25, 2014

Incridible sight!...and all these guys extremely well painted :frantic

:drinks

Luiz

Definitely want to see what the figures look like all together :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

All that could be said about the project has already been said, just wanted to add that it gives me that bit of extra motivation to do the figures I have in mind for my projects:

- the 100 dio - 4 figures
- the WW1 vignette - 3 figures

Then I read your post - 200 + 30 + 120 figures. Makes me laug at the guy in the mirror :rotf

Monumental stuff Bob (y)

Cheers,
Laurence

Bob you'll be glad to know your work has inspired me to add [strike]2000[/strike] er make that, [strike]20[/strike], I mean to say 2 figures to my 1/35 scale WWI tank and mini dio.

Seriously: :good: your work IS inspiring and I figure why the heck not? How do I know I can't paint figures? (well I do know, but I won't get better avoiding it; besides I can always claim :unsure: ..."at my age its as good as I can do".., an' they'll have to believe me right?........ :rotf

Truly is inspiring, looks like a well armed army ready to move. :soldier

Incridible sight!...and all these guys extremely well painted :frantic

:drinks

Luiz

Thanks Luiz! I am taking a lot more time than usual on the figures of this one.probably my last really big one!

Bob

Definitely want to see what the figures look like all together :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

All that could be said about the project has already been said, just wanted to add that it gives me that bit of extra motivation to do the figures I have in mind for my projects:

- the 100 dio - 4 figures
- the WW1 vignette - 3 figures

Then I read your post - 200 + 30 + 120 figures. Makes me laug at the guy in the mirror :rotf

Monumental stuff Bob (y)

Cheers,
Laurence

Thanks Laurence,

Yep, a new record for me on the numbers of figures in a single diorama. The previous record was set waaaay back in the 70s with the Winds of War that had a measly 300! :yipee

Bob

Mantastic :woohoo:

Thank you Sir! BTW, I've been fighting this urge to do an aircraft dio when i finish this up!

Who knows?

Bob

Bob you'll be glad to know your work has inspired me to add [strike]2000[/strike] er make that, [strike]20[/strike], I mean to say 2 figures to my 1/35 scale WWI tank and mini dio.

Seriously: :good: your work IS inspiring and I figure why the heck not? How do I know I can't paint figures? (well I do know, but I won't get better avoiding it; besides I can always claim :unsure: ..."at my age its as good as I can do".., an' they'll have to believe me right?........ :rotf

Thanks!

Awww, go ahead, what the hell! If at 73 years old, I can do 350, at any age younger than that, you should be able to do at least two! You'll never know till you try! Just do it! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Truly is inspiring, looks like a well armed army ready to move. :soldier

Thanks Son,

I have never done 200 figures in one army before for a single diorama. I'm glad they are American. The variations in uniforms, enlisted, early and late, Officers, early and late, Airborne, engineers, and so on, keep it interesting. If they were all German, as in Legacies II, it would be so many in the identical uniforms and a little boring, both visually and in painting them as well!! Believe it or not, I'm actually enjoying painting them!

Dad

Spectacular! This is really gonna be something.

Terry :notworthy

Thanks Terry,

I hope you're right! Otherwise I've wasted one hell of a lot of time! :laugh:

Bob

WOW Bob! :blink

Believe it or not the latge amount of figures really doesn't seem to be hitting me like some of the guys here. Have seen some pretty large and well detailed wargaming armies in my day. I know that the hardest part of the build is the start where you are planning "The Look", which includes the building and posing. Once at the painting point it is just doing the finish up.

Your 101st Airborne troops are fantastic!
I really like the texture and coloring on the uniforms and gear. :notworthy (y)

Would love to do a day trip to St Louis and see the real thing with my own eyes in the near fufture if you wouldn't mind having a visitor intrude for an afternoon. :mpup

Hey Paul,

Well, it's a huge job in 1/35th scale modeling. I've done as many as 2-250 in a single diorama, but never 350. The converting and posing is a lot of work, but the painting, particularly the flesh parts are the most time consuming.

Thanks, I have an entire museum at my home, about 1400 square feet. All MA members are welcome to visit any time they are in the St. Louis area. You can see a bit of the museum here.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/bob-letterman/1371-a-private-museum

Whenever you are near, drop me an email and give me some notice, be glad to give you a tour.

Bob

Dear Bob,...

Awe inspiring,...I struggle, time wise, with one man let alone 350 !!!

One day, I have promised myself, am going to come down to your museum and live under one of the desks :D

I am rating your work 10 "were not worthy" icons :drinks

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Dear Bob,...

One day, I have promised myself, am going to come down to your museum and live under one of the desks :D

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Hey Andy,

Just remember, I've been making these monsters since the seventies. So, I'm used too it! I appreciate the words though!

I am taking a break. Goin' south for a week or so. Gonna get together with Moon Pup and Christian, maybe others in S.C. Final destination, Savannah. I love that town!

Bob

When/where are you gonna be down this way Bob? Definitely have to see if I can make the meet up as well.

Last night I saw the update, it's really impressive, so much details... :java This will be a really unique masterpiece!!!

All the best!!! :drinks
Dusan.

Dear Bob,...

Hey Andy,

Just remember, I've been making these monsters since the seventies. So, I'm used too it! I appreciate the words though!

I am taking a break. Goin' south for a week or so. Gonna get together with Moon Pup and Christian, maybe others in S.C. Final destination, Savannah. I love that town!

Bob

And looking forward to it. If anyone would like to do the Meet and Greet be at Chief's Wings and Firewater in Spartanburg SC on Friday Oct 10 @ 2 pm

If anyone needs me to pick them up at the airport let me know... :pilot :D

So far we know Chris and I are going to be there, got a couple of up in the airs so if you can swing it, come on down!

Back