• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The Figures Updated Feb 8th, 2021

Logistics, The Figures Updated Feb. 9, 2014

Bab
You make more sense in a few paragraphs than most people make in a lifetime, in regards to modeling. Then add in your skills making the discrete parts of your work come together after years, is most impressive.
I am inspired by your work, to keep putting my bits of plastic together, to make a model come to life.
smiley-happy096_zps8752ffdf.gif

So to quote someone from somewhere "Model On" :good: and Thanks for the instruction
cheersprost_zps05785f75.gif

8bc994a8.gif

p.s. I think the guy in the third row of the box just over, there has his fly open or it could be just a shadow, depending on your realizm :laugh:

Thanks, I appreciate your kind words. To be honest, After I photographed those figures and enlarged the photos and posted them, I saw way to many flaws. Not much has changed in my old age except I can't sit at that bench as long as I once could, but the more annoying thing is, when I haven't done something for awhile, it takes me a while to get back in the groove. I never experienced that when I was younger. I hadn't painted a figure in almost a year and I didn't start back with the standard I try to keep. I believe the next group I am doing now will be significantly better. Also, I went back and redid a couple of the worst ones. I'll post them with the new batch.

:popcorn B) great work as always Bob.

Ian

Thanks Ian,

As I just said, not my best for sure, but it's beginning to come back now.

Bob

I have been really busy lately, a lot going on. I finished five more and have another five nearing completion. When finished, this outfit will be 25 strong, all 101st Airborne, Easy company. Here are the five plus the 8 finished previously.

EasyCompany01_zpsebc8797d.jpg

From the side as they will be seen on the diorama.

EasyCompany03_zps25d6111b.jpg

On my last post, Moon Puppy thought this figure needed his beard extended to cover more of his chin. I had to make a correction on his Browning Automatic Rifle, so I went ahead and extended his beard as well. This is before in actual size.

Small02_zps8ca9e2ca-1.jpg

And this is after.

[
Remake03_zps1c63ee26.jpg

Here are the five new ones, blown up to about 150mm (1/12th).

Single01_zps8b25a25d.jpg

A tech Sergeant.

single02_zpsdc23cd95.jpg

A Sergeant 1st class.

[
Single04_zpsc901d92a.jpg

A First Lieutenant.

Single03_zpsbbd18d5b~0.jpg

And a PFC.

Single05_zps2777cf80.jpg

All five of the new ones.

[
TheFive01_zps8bf04bce.jpg

The first half of the 101st.

EasyCompany02_zpsfc7a8d15.jpg

That's all for today!

Wish i could paint that amount of figures! than maybe i would finnish half of my projects!! :)

Looking really great Bob (y)

//Mats

Logistics, The Figures Updated Mar. 4, 2014

No joking that is great work. :good:
Your attention to detail makes me want to throw my brushes in to the wood chipper-if I had one; guess I'll just have to keep tring

Dear Bob.

...as said before,the attention to the minimal details is incridible...great job my friend!

:drinks

Luiz

Outstanding, for a second I thought the PFC was doing a selfie with a smart phone :rotf

They look great Dad :soldier

Outstanding Sir!

Terry (y)

Wish i could paint that amount of figures! than maybe i would finnish half of my projects!! :)

Looking really great Bob (y)

//Mats

Thanks Mats!

You can! Just keep practicing, I've been modeling since 1945 and I still practice every day!

Bob

No joking that is great work. :good:
Your attention to detail makes me want to throw my brushes in to the wood chipper-if I had one; guess I'll just have to keep tring

Thanks, that's how you get there, just keep trying!

Bob

amazing as always Master Bob... :ro: :ro: :ro:

Thanks Arturius,

I've seen a lot better in my life. I just don't have the time to spend with 350 figures to do them justice. They'll just have to do.

Bob

Dear Bob.

...as said before,the attention to the minimal details is incridible...great job my friend!

:drinks

Luiz

Thanks Luiz,

I put as much detailing on them as possible. It somewhat makes up for the speed I paint them.

Bob

Thank you Sir!

Bob

Outstanding, for a second I thought the PFC was doing a selfie with a smart phone :rotf

They look great Dad :soldier

Thanks Son,

Nah, that's a black glass full of Rhine wine! If somebody had a smart phone back then, they probably would have shot him for being a Warlock or something!

Dad

Outstanding Sir!

Terry (y)

Thanks Terry!

Bob

Daqmn they look great :coolio

Thanks Dave,

Bob

Not much left to say here but OUTSTANDING in every way. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
So much to learn (y)

Laurence

Well, been busy with many other things lately, but today I managed to finish off 25 Easy Company, 101st Airborne figures, that will be walking on either side of the Sherman column across the front of"Logistics". I really put a lot of extra detail on these figures as from the photographs I have seen of the real thing, they had more equipment and details on their uniforms than ordinary infantry soldiers.

I'll start off with the two figure sets first, blown up to about double their actual size, then as a group. First, a captain and a Tech Sergeant.

First2_zpse1b9d02e.jpg

Then a slick sleeve, a Bazooka man and a major.

FourthTwo_zps55e0283d.jpg

A .30 Cal. Machine gunner and a rifleman.

ThirdTwo_zps716021e1.jpg

Then a rifleman with an airborne carbine and a .30 Cal. Machine gunner with a bipod and stamped metal shoulder stock.

FifthTwo_zps6c28f5bd.jpg

A PFC rifleman and a Tech Sergeant, both with M-1 Garands.

SixthTwo_zps7c493912.jpg

A Master sergeant with a Thompson and a private with an M-1 Garand.

EighthTwo_zpsbde8e85c.jpg

And number 13 of this batch is a First Sergeant with a Thompson.

LastOne_zps3a649ed8.jpg

Here are the second 13 of this batch shown from the front.

AllNewfront_zps4cb982f5.jpg
]

Then from the back.

AllREar_zps1c830efe.jpg

All 25 together from behind.

AllRear02_zps36058db5.jpg

All 25 from the side as they will be seen in the diorama.

AllSide_zpsc70be240.jpg

All 25 from the front.

AllFrontal_zps3b71200f.jpg

And finally, all 25 from above.

AllOverhead02_zps535625f8.jpg

Next, I will paint all the drivers and riders, Jeeps, trucks, tanks, motorcycles and so on. I haven't counted that batch but I'm sure it is considerably larger than 25 figures.

Bob

Logistics, The Figures Updated April. 16, 2014

That's a lot of figures! Looks great Bob!

Terry (y)

Logistics, The Figures Updated April. 16, 2014

...man , I really very impressed with the your dedication and patience with this project...my congratulations :good:

Best!

Luiz

Back