• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The armor Updated May12, 2021.

Re: Logistics, The armor Update March 9, 2012

WOW!

bob - whenever you show an update it's most impressive. thanks for the background story too, i always love to learn something!

thanks for sharing! :mpup

:popcorn

Re: Logistics, The armor Update March 9, 2012

Pass the popcorn son,

Pop

WOW!

bob - whenever you show an update it's most impressive. thanks for the background story too, i always love to learn something!

thanks for sharing! :mpup

:popcorn

Thanks Laura,

I really have enjoyed researching this one. It involves two of my favorite military icons, Patton and Abrams.

Bob

Bob this is exactly why you are the guvnor of modeling !

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

The Guvnor of modeling, eh? :yipee

Thanks Andy!

Bob

Re: Logistics, The armor Update August 5, 2012

Got some base coats on the three Shermans. I'll let them harden for a couple of months and then begin weathering. I still have several softskins to weather and a railroad gun to finish building and paint,

The first of the Shermans is an M4A3E8. All of the Shermans in the diorama will be CCB, (Combat Command "B") of the 4th Armored Division and had the modifications, added armor and armament,

M4A3E8.jpg

This one is an M4A1 76mm. It also has the modifications.

M4A176mm.jpg

And this kit Dragon's Thunderbolt Seven came with the modifications.

T-Boltseven.jpg

More later, Bob

Bob they look great! This reminds me I have a Jumbo that needs building.

Terry (y)

Got some base coats on the three Shermans. I'll let them harden for a couple of months and then begin weathering.

That is dedication! After a few months, I would forget I even had them! I am following this as it gives me hope that one day I will pull something down from the shelf with the excuse that I was letting the model cure and harden!

Thanks Bob,

Got some base coats on the three Shermans. I'll let them harden for a couple of months and then begin weathering.

That is dedication! After a few months, I would forget I even had them! I am following this as it gives me hope that one day I will pull something down from the shelf with the excuse that I was letting the model cure and harden!

Thanks Bob,

Thanks Saul,

Not so much dedication, necessity! Doing it that way developed over many years out of necessity. Some paint their models, then give them a coat of clear varnish. At one point I realized that wasn't necessary for me because I put so many vehicles in a diorama I can do it this way and still have plenty to do while they are hardening. After two months, models are a dream to weather because there is no possibility of removing the base coat with the rectified turpentine.

Bob

Re: Logistics, The armor Update September 25, 2012

Hi Bob! I thought I would stop in and say hi.

It's really great to see some progress going on!

Thanks,

I wish there was more, but other projects, such as building birthday presents for my daughter put this one on hold every year, Of course, that will always take priority! :D

Bob

Thanks,

I wish there was more, but other projects, such as building birthday presents for my daughter put this one on hold every year, Of course, that will always take priority! :D

Bob

That's alright Bob, we need to take care of our little girls. My 11 year old daughter wants to go deer hunting so bad. I guess I'm going to have to take her hunting!

Logistics, The armor Update September 25, 2012

Just a quick update to move these five blogs in closer proximity to each other. Some shots in and around the diorama as it is today.

The 2cm Flak Panzer. When completed, it will most likely set here, but surrounded with blackened cobblestones from the fire, lots of charred parts and ashes. That will bring it to life. (Or death?) The Diamond T wrecker will be attaching to it to tow it away and clear the street. The grader will be further up the strait with the dozer and dump truck, clearing massive amounts of rubble.

g_zpszg8memku.jpg

This is the main street in the rio. A column of seven Shermans will be passing a grinning General Patton saluting his subordinate, Colonel Creighton Abrams in his "Thunderbolt 7".

0000_zpsohozjbom~0.jpg

Back