• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The armor Updated May12, 2021.

Re: Logistics, The armor Update April 24th, 2011

:ro: BoB ! I can't wait to see this one !!

No Kiddin'? Me too!!!

I have been working on this since they laid the cornerstone on the great Pyramid!

There is so much involved and the amounts of kits can be a little intimidating. I'm gettin' there though. I much prefer the weathering and detailing stages over the actual building, and fairly soon, I should have them all built and base coated, then I will be turning them out almost daily!

Thanks Buddy!

Bob

Bob, This is some amazing work you do. I can't wait to see the end result. Looking at your work just leaves me in awe. :notworthy

Joe

Thanks joe, I really appreciate that!

But, instead of leaving you in awe, I would hope it would inspire you! Think about this. When I was coming up, I looked to those with more experience to guide and teach me. Now, I'm the ancient dude and hopefully, I can do the same for the younger guys! That's what this has always been about for me! I just hope I'm as good a teacher as the ones I had! Someday, you guys will sit in my seat! Then you'll know how scary that is!:gogo :gogo :gogo

Bob

Bob, your work is definitely an inspiration to me. With being in Awe I mean more like seeing something extremely beautiful, like a nice landscape or building. Something that makes you appreciate life in general.

Joe

I have been working on this since they laid the cornerstone on the great Pyramid!

There is so much involved and the amounts of kits can be a little intimidating. I'm gettin' there though. I much prefer the weathering and detailing stages over the actual building, and fairly soon, I should have them all built and base coated, then I will be turning them out almost daily!

Thanks Buddy!

Bob

SoooWeet ! I'll be looking for them Buddy ! I agree with Leopard. You've been one of MY biggest influences in Modeling. Right up there with Shep Paine &Verlinden. It's aw inspiring. It just goes to show that a dio doesn't have to show a Blown up city to grab your attention. You are a true Artisan & Craftsman

BoB ! I for one an Damn Glad you hang out & post here !!! Every post - You are Holding Class. Professor BoB Letterman , Ladies & Gentleman !!

Thanx for all you do BoB !!! :ro: :ro: :ro: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

ERIK

Re: Logistics, The armor Update 4/24, 2011

Thanks Joe and Erik,

I'm just having more fun than a modeler should be allowed to! Same as you guys!

It doesn't get any better than this, does it?

Bob

Since it has been so long since I first posted this ARV, here is a shot when I first built it.

img_1309p1.jpg

After painting, it stood with all the others for almost a year so the paint was really hard. These shots show the first wash and the first drybrushing. Many stages to go.

ARVrear~0.jpg

ARVside~0.jpg

I have to finish the crew before I can go any further. They are posted on Logistics, the Figures.

Bob

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Man I would be happy with it right there!

Now that all those vehicles base coats are so hard they are invulnerable to the rectified turpentine, the plan is to take them, one at a time, build and paint the crew on the figure thread and finish them and post on the armor thread. I should be able to turn out around 2 to 3 a week with crews.

Dad!

Re: Logistics, The armor Update June 6, 2011

Soo much to see, Totaly awesome build Bob. just WOW (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

WoW BoB !! Lookin Great ! I like that Recovery Sherman !! Very Interesting! Great Shade of Olive Drab !!

Rock-On Brotha' !!! :soldier :ro: :dance

:drinks

I finished up the M-32 B1 A.R.V. today. It took longer than I usually do them, but it has been several years since I weathered a tank, so, the rest should speed up as I go along. Here is a 3/4 shot from the front.

4shot~1.jpg

Here is a close up. Note the eyeglasses on the crewman on the left. I hand painted the Mighty Mouse art on the turret, A long time since I did that as well. The image and the text can be covered with a dime.

FClose~0.jpg

An overhead view from the front.

FFront~0.jpg

A view as a human would see it.

Ffront02_zps0oa63yxv.jpg

From the right side. In the dio, this will be practically invisible to the viewer.

side~0.jpg

A close up of the rear. I added a lot of chains, cables, pulleys and stowage.

Frearclose~0.jpg

An overhead shot of the rear.

Frear~0.jpg

Finally, a side view.

Fside~0.jpg

It's always good for me to get one finished. With another 47 vehicles to go, it's a beginning!

Bob

Back