• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, Base & Buildings, Updated Feb. 13, 2020

Logistics, Base & Buildings Updated Oct. 13, 2019

Got some more done. I am working on the interior of the arch. My plan his to give it some perspective even though it is only about two inches deep. I'm also working on two smaller columns on the upper part of the front wall. I am using photographs of building interiors that are shot in perspective, right, left and center. Above the wooden first floor will be two more floors and will be seen through glass covering the front of the arch. On the bottom floor, I used micro slip glass. Tiny and micro thin slips that are laid on the microscope slides to view specimens. It makes great scale glass.

There is a forth and fifth floor above the arch.

Only one photo this time. Hopefully, next week I'll finish up this wall and get onto the other two.

9999~6.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Bob

Logistics, Base & Buildings Updated Oct. 17, 2019

Way cool :D

The marble there really looks like marble, that is fantastic !!!

Creating that illusion of depth - now that's something worth using in a diorama (y) (y) (y)

Laurence

The best Faux Marble finish/ technique i have ever seen in 1/35 !

h996fe14_2019-10-18.gif

Logistics, Base & Buildings Updated Oct. 13, 2019

Got some more done. I am working on the interior of the arch. My plan his to give it some perspective even though it is only about two inches deep. I'm also working on two smaller columns on the upper part of the front wall. I am using photographs of building interiors that are shot in perspective, right, left and center. Above the wooden first floor will be two more floors and will be seen through glass covering the front of the arch. On the bottom floor, I used micro slip glass. Tiny and micro thin slips that are laid on the microscope slides to view specimens. It makes great scale glass.

There is a forth and fifth floor above the arch.

Only one photo this time. Hopefully, next week I'll finish up this wall and get onto the other two.

9999~6.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Bob
BLOODY HELL!!!!! :drinks

:eek:hmy:

I don't know what to say beyond bloody brilliant. :notworthy

Bob, wow what to say, Im blown away with the marble, it looks amazing and the "how to' is excellent
it makes me want to try it. no wonder you are the master. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

excellent work!

Abdin

Way cool :D

The marble there really looks like marble, that is fantastic !!!

Creating that illusion of depth - now that's something worth using in a diorama (y) (y) (y)

Laurence

Thanks Laurence,

I don't think I can pull off that illusion this time around. But, at least I gave figure out how to do it! I would need to have miniature lighting to accentuate the illusion. Live and learn! :)

Bob

Unbelievable!....no words to express how it is (y)

luiz

Thanks Luiz,

It was a much tougher job than I originally thought!

Bob

Back