• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, Base & Buildings, Updated Feb. 13, 2020

Logistics, Base & Buildings Updated Oct. 31, 2019

Bob,

I can't add any words of praise everyone has all said it before me.

I must say you have a keen eye for detail for bringing out your exceptional workmanship. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Michael :drinks

Bob,

I can't add any words of praise everyone has all said it before me.

I must say you have a keen eye for detail for bringing out your exceptional workmanship. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Michael :drinks

Thanks Mike,

Gotta tell you, this one was a lot harder than I thought it would be or it looks!. Especially fitting it all together. I think you'll see what I mean when it is complete! There's a lot more to it than what I've posted so far!

But, I think it will make a dramatic improvement to the diorama!, (I hope it will at least!).

Bob

Wow Bob,

those marble columns and tiles are some of the most realistic modelling I have seen! That's amazing!

:notworthy

:popcorn

Wow Bob,

those marble columns and tiles are some of the most realistic modelling I have seen! That's amazing!

:notworthy

:popcorn

Thanks Warren,

Believe me, it was pure luck! I had never done that type of marble before and they are all very different! Because it was an in-your-face kind of pattern, I was afraid it might turn out clownish! I lucked out and I'm pretty happy with it!

Bob

Here's a short update. Been busy this last week and haven done a lot.

First, the big hole in the side of the train station had to be fitted with bricks and mortar. I used resin brick sections that I cut out of building parts in my scrap box. Fitted them and glued them in, then came back with Cell-u-clay and used it to simulate mortar. The intention was to create a hole made by a tank round. Later, I will paint the bricks a reddish brown and yellow the plaster. The rubble created by the hole will be on both the train station floor and the sidewalk outside.

0000~22.JPG

A Closer shot.

9~5.JPG

Next, I built the trusses that will support the Collar Beams. Many trusses in the prewar European train stations were quite intricate.

99~8.JPG

Then they are assembled with three posts. You would think they would be called columns but, no, they are called posts regardless if they are timber, metal or masonry in commercial architecture.

99999~6.JPG

When in place these trusses and posts will support the collar beams I started next.

These are the basic collar beams prior installing purlins that will eventually support the roof itself. The roof material itself will be made of glass panels with steel framing and the roofing material itself.

999~8.JPG

Then they are connected with bracing and eventually can stand alone, ready to install on the building eaves, shown here being weighted down with whatever I could find to insure they are true when the glue has set.

999999~5.JPG

Another angle.

9999999~1.JPG

That's it for now, Thanks for looking in!

Bob

Logistics, Base & Buildings Updated Nov 18, 2019

Looking good Bob! I am looking forward to having the surgery on my leg this Thursday (Nov 21) over and done with. It is outpatient and should be home by early afternoon.

fingers-crossed.gif

If all that goes well I am planning on being in Tulsa on Thanksgiving and if it is OK with you coming by for a visit on the Friday after.

It is looking awesome as always!

Great_Job.gif

B) (y)
Great scratch building as usual Bob. The damaged wall section look very realistic even without paint on the bricks.

Ian.

Looking good Bob! I am looking forward to having the surgery on my leg this Thursday (Nov 21) over and done with. It is outpatient and should be home by early afternoon.

fingers-crossed.gif

If all that goes well I am planning on being in Tulsa on Thanksgiving and if it is OK with you coming by for a visit on the Friday after.

It is looking awesome as always!

Great_Job.gif

I didn't know about the surgery? It doesn't sound too serious but, good luck anyway.

Well, of course! What was I gonna say Paul, No? :)

Please give me a call that morning when you leave and give me an idea of your arrival time! Looking forward to seeing you!

And thanks once again!

Bob

Back