• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Late Tiger

I played around with thinning down the inside of the fenders, cut through the joint, applied a little Tenax and bent the edges in. Looks pretty good to my eye, I'll post up some pictures when I get back down in the garage.

Did Terry's technique to the stacks, then realized most will be hidden once it's all put together. :bang head

hb49f869.jpg

I still like it, one of those things where you're not sure it's right till it's finished.

Watcha think?

My eyesight is really poor at reds, browns and greens close together, but that looks good and rusty to me! Are you thinking about putting some camo color on those outer shrouds a la hairspray? :coolio

Did Terry's technique to the stacks, then realized most will be hidden once it's all put together. :bang head

hb49f869.jpg

I still like it, one of those things where you're not sure it's right till it's finished.

Watcha think?

You'll be able to see it. Better to have this way.

Terry (y)

My eyesight is really poor at reds, browns and greens close together, but that looks good and rusty to me! Are you thinking about putting some camo color on those outer shrouds a la hairspray? :coolio

Picture not the best as the yellow is really washed out. I have tried the hairspray thing a couple of times but never got good results. The Yellow looks very brown in this picture. I can add some more if need be.

Dry fit them on the tank and see how they look, the muffler and exhaust stacks look really good! The shields might be a tad too rusty, but that's hard to say without seeing them in place. :soldier :good:

Progress

h02ac7fa.JPG

h0bab66b.JPG

h310601f.JPG

Just doing a random pattern, that turned out not so random, going to alternate the green. Thoughts? I can cover all this up in a heart beat if it's not looking right.

:soldier

I'd say don't cover it up. What I would do is add the green and then weather it in such a way that would make the brown pattern fade a bit. The exhaust covers look cool - there would have definitely been a loss of color at the top with all the exhaust gas coming out, that needs some black.

I am sure I am not saying anything you don't already know, just calling it how I see it from my perspective. My Tiger doesn't have the brown, just the green but I think it's the same model so watching your progress carefully :popcorn

Cheers,
Laurence

Shot the Green last night and then shadowed the edges with very think Nato Black (has anyone used nato black for Nato Black? :rotf ) then thinned Tamiya Buff to fade, concentrating on upper areas. THEN, I sprayed over a layer of Vallejo Dark Yellow Wash which turned everything a shade of green.. :idonno I'm going to do some more on it and take some pictures but I'm not sure I like the direction it's going just now.

guess the Vallejo wash had to soak in a bit. Lot less green that when I left it last night.

h9c8bbf0.JPG

h49e9fa4.JPG

h6894501.JPG

Right direction, wrong? :idonno

Back