• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IPMS Zumbro Valley Hope It Don't Snow 2018 contest

h6ead37c.JPG

Babylon 5 sci-fi ship. I honestly can't remember what is called, but it was unusual.
My apologies to Space, Sci-Fi and ship model fans. I just didn't get many pictures of these categories.

It's a Shadow ship, called a Battle Crab. I loved that series and have one of the rare large size cast resin White Stars.

Thanks for the photos Chris! (y)

On a more personal note,
If you are "On The Fence" about whether or not to brave the Bumble Snow Monster to attend this Event, allow me sway you a little bit.
The Zumbro Valley club puts on a fine Event. They are, in my humble opinion, most welcoming and truly interested, not just in your models, but in you as a Modeler.

I cain't say whether the harsh MN winter makes for a warmer reception. I think it's that the Club enjoys their hobby and their Brethren in a genuine fashion. When you look at the special awards, it looks like too many. A guy would think the awards presentation is overly lengthy.
However, every one of their Specials is presented with honor, enthusiasm and comeraderie. (NO! the Guys don't hug you!) it is easy to see they truly appreciate all of us that are crazy or courageous enough to go Up Nort' for their show. I don't go to every Region 5 show so I cain't say about every Club's performance.

Hope It Doesn't Snow, Eh, stands out every time I hitch up my Sleigh and make the trip.
Bravo IPMS Zumbro Valley!!

Well Done, Gents!!
:salute
:zen
:drinks

Chris,

It was a great day for a model show.
I know you navy guys only think of boats, but thank you for covering all the different subjects.
My winged thingy is a Tu-128 Fiddler.
DSCF1567.JPG

It didn't win this time.
But this did:
12-18-2016_044.JPG

The whirlybird won a gold.
Madison March 3rd, 2018.
Another great show to start the year off.
Frank
:yipee

I don't think about just Boats! I'll wager Mr. Fiddler would be not easy to intercept in an old Crusader!
Long tail chase, followed by a big BOOM, then a cold swim for the out-of-fuel F-8 Driver. :idonno

Thanks for adding to the thread Mr. Miller. Clearly the Zumbro Judges had NO idea what it took to put your TU-128 on its sturdy (Sea) legs!
:good:
:salute
:eek:ldguy
:pilot

Chris,
Sorry I have been away from the computer.
I have been asked to build a model for a veteran.
LtC Jay Ashmore.
LtC Ashmore flew PBY's during the final stages of WW2.
Then as a Captain was sent to Korea in early 1953.
He flew the F-86F-30-NA - a hard winged F-86.
F-86_LTC_2.jpg

I will start a new subject for the build.
I have take photos along the way.
Frank

Back