• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IPMS Zumbro Valley Hope It Don't Snow 2018 contest

Rhino

Super Moderator
Which of us will brave the teeth of the Minnesota Bumble Snow Monster of the North, this weekend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5oigyHVHWE
3 Plastic Surgeons will! I've promised fresh cheese curds and a frozen Timber Wolf to the good folks in the Sunny South (Iowa) from Up Nort' Eh!

Departing DSM 1600 Hrs. 2 February 2018

hf47ef6b.JPG

h3a3a1c0.JPG

Pilot, flight engineer, and gunner. Note Dane's Camo-claus hat. He thinks in Minnesota, he'll blend in. :rotf
16 years aged. SO Much to learn! I am delighted to do my part!

Not so many "Road Trip Pict's" I don't like to dink with my tricky phone while I drive.

h017f92b.JPG

Bedtime in Austin, MN. Dane was snickering about Something. :idonno

h5b8a112.JPG

ON TO THE MODELS!!!

hbdcfde9.JPG

Hope it Doesn't Snow Show. Only the second time in 12 years Father Frost ignored our Hopes. :rotf
Again, this missive in in NO way a complete report of all the subjects on display. I took pictures of models I hadn't seen before or that caught my eye.

hbdcfde9_2018-02-04.JPG

You don't see the Kyushu J7W2 Jet powered Shinden every day. Billy Krueger's fine rendition!

h6544fca.JPG

h62e21e5.JPG

Trumpeter's Blinder. It didn't look like it fit very well.
hc1f1ac6.JPG

"Silk Purse from a Sow's Ear special award winner. Airfix' old tool B-26B Marauder.
ha7853ab.JPG

ha34d1bc.JPG

2 Lousy pictures of Frank's unbelievable Yak.

hfb1447a.JPG

IPMS Alexander Lippisch club President and Plastic Surgeon's Treasurer are up to SOMETHING!
God alone knows what mischief may come!

h572bd04.JPG

I like the 1/48 Kikka.

hf519ab2.JPG

The Maiden! 747-800 (?) "Run to the Hills" was almost playing in the background. Voot-Voot-Voot...........

hf085a85.JPG

Nifty Korean War Lockheed F-80C.
There ya go Saul!

hd9e0f60.JPG

Another less-seen model. 1/48 IAR-80A :good:

h3ae4c78.JPG

More from the same modeler. All very Fine Models!

h545bef2.JPG

h251b76c.JPG

Best of Show winner, 1/48 JASDF F-4EJ Absolutely Impressive!!

h5466915.JPG

It says "Navy" on it. 1/48 Beech JRB-1

h0a84145_2018-02-04.JPG

1/72 Airfix CAC Boomerang parking.

hefec745.JPG

Jeff Holle's Bronze awarded 1/35 T-12 Medium Russian tank

h58cbc1d.JPG

1/72 Armor. The Zumbro guys build a lot of teensie Panzers!
h312b77a.JPG

Ed St. Dennis' tidy, precise RSO Tractor & Nebelwerfer.

hd74461a.JPG

1/16 KT. Its Too-Too-Too BIG! My Roco KT is 222 as well. Ironic, NO?!? :hmmm

h8a6f52b.JPG

1/35 M4A3E8 Sherman. "Fury" War Daddy would be PROUD!!

hbf0ef25.JPG

h43107fc.JPG

hbce424a.JPG

The Dukes of Fallujia. Sorry fellers. No figure of Daisy Duke was evident.
I thought this was a fine tribute to our Men & Women in uniform.
:salute
:ro:

hc9a09bf.JPG

Billy Kruger's 1/35 IJA Tankette convoy. Awarded best Japanese subject. SOGAI! HEI!

h7d32c5a.JPG

h23dc221.JPG

Lots of Armor in evidence.

There were a great many really fine models at the Zumbro Valley show.
Shiny Thingies! Comin' right up!

h6dc2fdf.JPG

h7276070.JPG

h90ee5ea.JPG

hfca2170.JPG

hcf606d0.JPG

I have a long-standing affection for Funny Cars. Tom McCuen's Mongoose is among my VERY Favorites!!

hf23b732.JPG

h9ddcb16.JPG

and old Pick-up trucks!

haa56366.JPG

h517c12d.JPG

ha807323.JPG

It was interesting to find Chief Brody's Blazer at the same Show as my 1/350 Orca model.

hec210a2.JPG

This little BMW motorcycle (?!?) thingie was just Keen!!

Figures!!

h47e2734.JPG

Don Barry's 1/35 white metal "Two Ladies" formerly known as the Spicy Italians Vignette
he53cfe4.JPG

h7834986.JPG

hcb2a7e0.JPG

hb7b8ae2.JPG

Julie Newmar's Cat Woman fired at least ONE young imagination! YEeooww!
hc6c1e98.JPG

Shameless stern shot. Awesome finish. Very accurate sculpting. :good: :drool

h6ead37c.JPG

Babylon 5 sci-fi ship. I honestly can't remember what is called, but it was unusual.
My apologies to Space, Sci-Fi and ship model fans. I just didn't get many pictures of these categories.

hafc5b55.JPG

Registration & Raffle counter.
Registration went a smoothly as any show I've ever been to. The harsh Minnesota climate makes for warm hospitality, and this years show was no exception. The raffle was a "First come, First served". his method requires less man-power on the Club's part, but I find less satisfying because you have to hurry up & wait to pick out a raffle prize. There is plus & minus to every raffle method.

h515fbd0.JPG

I gleaned some nice raffle prizes. I didn't have to rent a trailer to haul the booty home, as I needed to at other shows. :rotf

hd083b01.JPG

h48e38c4.JPG

hdea1447.JPG

Contest vendor stalwart, Smilin' Pete Gitzel, Expert modeler and long time vendor Winston Vermillia and John & Mary Roll were among the many fine vendors feeding the wants of the Modeling Masses!

The Judges were good too the Plastic Surgeons this Day. Aboard my "Vessel" Don won an award for all his models. His german radio truck was awarded 3 times, with 2 "Best of's" and a Gold award. Young Dane's Sniper/Spotter vignette was a Junior gold award.

hedce9ca.JPG

hed6499f_2018-02-04.JPG

I was humbled to be awarded for my ancient 1/72 Airfix CAC Boomerang, and in 1/350 Great White Shark hunter boat's first show appearance as well.

Thanks for the detailed report, I appreciate your taking time to not only take the photos, but post them with commentary. :salute :drinks

he816ae2.JPG

Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader arrived to present the "Best Star Wars Subject" special award.

h16092c9.JPG

I made a new friend yesterday. Darth & I are now on a first name basis. Don't call him Anakin. Pisses him off!

h9570677.JPG

I took this picture of a Curtiss SNC-1 Falcon in 1979 at Elliot Aviation for Photo class for a "Contrast & Lighting" assignment. Mr. Baker accused me of taking a picture of an Airplane Model and failed me. 38 years later, John & Mary Roll sell me the 1/72 Kora kit of the ol' Falcon from their wares!

h948e60d.JPG

habadbea.JPG

For centuries, Men on a Voyage have returned with gifts for their loved ones. I found the Timber Wolf I wanted to bring home as a traditional souveneir

Dem Bat, knotty, Ret Munkie, Dey jus' shows up all by Dey Seff. You knowzit, cuz' yo traish be scattud 'bouts aw ovuh everplayses, and yo Neighbuh dawg be wiff Chilluns.
Bat, Ret, knotty Munkie!
:facepalm

Back