• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I want in on this, but..............

That's some modeling Jeff, looks fine. The holes on the underside of the trunk, Are you going to be able to see them at all once it's built up?

:idonno I don't think you will be able to. But then again it will drive me crazy if you can, and I did not do it. :gogo I'm not sure how much of the frame/chassis you will be able to see. Kinda like doing a bomber interior. Could and most likely be a loss to everyone but me.
I'm also thinking of being able to display it with out the box, if I do that, the work will show.

Quite inspiring, I better get to work on my Sherman since my camera hasn't arrived yet and can't start my bombers...

Regards,

Small update, had to do a 8 pm to 8 am shift last night/this morning did not get much done. I planned on working on it last night and most of today. At least I got something done.

layed out the inner door skins

I first did a index card and cut it up to trace the pattern
D001.jpg

D002.jpg

drilled holes for the round corners
D003.jpg

cut the rest out
D004.jpg

thats all for now have a good week everyone.

Thanks MP!

got some work done this morning
cut out back pieces for the inner door panels and installed them
D009.jpg

D007.jpg

Inner door panels trimed up and puttied
D010.jpg

and some inner of the deck lid, and below the rear window wood
B012.jpg

I added thinned putty, trying to duplicate tar that Ford put on the inside of the outside panels (did that make since?)
B013.jpg

Almost done with inner door skins. Drilled the holes.
D013.jpg

I think they will look close enough to the real thing
D101.jpg

D011.jpg

marked out where the door skins fit and then added the thinned putty for more of the tar look.
B014.jpg

Hard to get a picture of this, I finished the upper rear body structure with plastic strip.
B016.jpg

I also puttied the inside roof.
B017.jpg

I painted the tar spots with Humbrol #66
B018.jpg

B019.jpg

B020.jpg

did a test fit after of the door skins after adding more body structure. They need a strip down the back side to close them up. Would have the gap been seen? More than likely not, but it would drive me crazy if it did after doing all of this. You know next time maybe I'll make decals of the inner door...........
D014.jpg

Back