• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I want in on this, but..............

I will help you (if you want) on the image if you have a higher resolution scan, even better!

Regards,

Thanks Sharkmouth! I just mite do that. I don't have a clue how to photoshop :blink

Okay I'm ordering the Coupe this Friday and maybe a another kit that has the flathead engine.

Got this today, from my LHS. I'm using the kit for the drive train and suspension. I'm still waiting for the Coupe. I doing research for the wheels, did find a couple of possible companys that make them. Also found a figure to use!!!!!

038_20100525_1173857722.jpg

By the way I did add some photos of the 1938/39 that I own on my gallery if someone needs them. They are 1 1/2 ton trucks and one tractor truck, but the engine compartments and cab details apply to pick ups too. Another plus is these trucks were used all over the world when WWII broke out. Hope they can be a used. :)

Found the Coupe, the Roadster kit has a rear end that fits, but it is not the best. Slowly working away here.

012_20100816_1394272101.jpg

1956-poster-gardena1_copy.jpg

Well got off my fat donkey today, fired up the cd player and played around. Armed with some more research photos I jumped all other this. With tunes from White Zombie, ZZ Top, Beach Boys, Elvis, Chuck Berry, Eagles, Ziot Riot, Charlie Daniels ........... Well I pulled most of the parts I needed from the old Monogram '32, the new Revell 37/38 Ford Pickup kit. What will follow is the combo of those parts I hope :unsure: One thing I was having a hard time finding was pictures of the internal structure of a 32 Coupe body. I found just enough friday morning that I think I can bluff my way through. A 32 Ford is just a prettier Model A. I know Model A's good enough.

52ChuckJones.jpg

Chuck stop wavin! :Hiay

Here are the research photos I'm using
Harley005.jpg

IM002208.jpg

DSC00528.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

DEC_0296.jpg

32Ford-RussKilburn1.jpg

attachment.jpg

32fordbarngg111920.jpg

248766581BcHtQC_ph.jpg

firewall2.jpg

attachment.jpg

100_4677.jpg

500-cal-jalopies.jpg

1956-BH8-gs-car_10_turn_4_flipJP-1.jpg

1956-BH52-gs-cars_75-79-83JPEG.jpg

The kits for the kit bash
003.jpg

It is kinda nice finding what you need in other kits. Another thing is I can take the most of what I do not use from the Coupe kit and make the Pickup a Hot Rod parts chaser. :D

005.jpg

006.jpg

008%7E1.jpg

010%7E0.jpg

011%7E0.jpg

All the parts
012%7E0.jpg

The Revell Coupe has the roof filled, pretty standard on Hot Rods today, but not okay for a Jalopy
013%7E1.jpg

I roughed out where the roof needs to be cut out. Then drilled pilot holes for power tools!
014%7E0.jpg

drilled out the corners and cut out the insert with a hot knife.
017%7E1.jpg

019%7E1.jpg

Filed down the cuts on the roof
023%7E1.jpg

024%7E2.jpg

Have to remove the small block Ford engine mounts and rear fuel tank.
021%7E1.jpg

About this time I had an idea of putting cork in front of my work bench/desk to hold the photos I kept digging through. Found them when I made a beer run today.
026%7E1.jpg

I trimmed up the rear fenders and thinned them with a Dremel tool (yeah more power tools) I then used rubber cement to mount them to the frame. That really helped line them up to glue to the body.
027%7E1.jpg
:idonno

I taped the firewall and floor from the kit to line up the body at the spot it should be. Then glued the rear fenders on.
028%7E2.jpg

029%7E3.jpg

Enough for now I going to go and get another beer and try to scratch build a stock firewall or play with the new parts chaser I came up with!

Nice work Sherm , ........ this is getting good and gooderer .........

Sorry if you already mentioned it but what horses are you puttin under the hood [ not Tim ] ?

I know, I know about damn time. :blush:

Cheyenne - I'll be droppingin the flat head that came with the 38 PU

52ChuckJones-engine.jpg

Looking at the photo I would say flat head. 3 exhaust ports and the location low on the block.

022%7E2.jpg

the engine is nice. Has the correct mounts, exhaust headers, heads, intake manifold, carb and air filter.

i like that project!

i only once tried to build a civilian car ... and failed miserably! the more i have to admire everybody tackling a civilian car!

I did not get much done yesterday

engine and transmission is ready for primer.
1002.jpg

1003.jpg

Building a new firewall. The coupe kit has a Hot Rod style firewall, which is fine if your building one. (Well it is real nice and fits the old Monogram 31 Model A Coupe kit great) I thought I could get away with using the firewall from the old Monogram 32 Roadster kit, it just did not look like a firewall in a Jalopy. So started to make one out sheet plastic. Three tries on the getting the out line done. About two hours later I think I have it roughed in.

real 32 Ford firewall
248766581BcHtQC_ph.jpg

Monogram 32 Roadster firewall
1010.jpg

second try at the basic firewall
1011.jpg

Got the shape I wanted on third try.
1012.jpg

I punched some disc out with a paper hole punch for the raised corners
1013.jpg

the lower part of the firewall kinda part way finished and set into place
1014.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys!

Did some chassis work and inside of the body tonight. Not a lot but some.

kit frame
2001.jpg

2002.jpg

Revells old 34 Ford frame (ZZ Top Coupe) I'm going to steal the rear cross member. Feeling lazy, just ont in the mood to scratch it
2003.jpg

both frames together
2004.jpg

Hacked out the 32 frame and then cut the rear cross member out of the 34 frame. Some file work and it just fell into place. It went so good I forgot to take photos of the work.
2005.jpg

2006.jpg

2007.jpg

Sanded off or down most of the mold marks on the inside of the deck lid.
B008.jpg

Here is an idea that did not work. I tried to darken the deck lid edges to retrace on the inside. Not really sure what I thinking.
B009.jpg

Made a pattern out of file card. Marked only half then flipped it to do the other side. Worked pretty slick.
B011.jpg

Also started to damage the rear fenders some. Will have to do this a little at a time.
B010.jpg

That's some modeling Jeff, looks fine. The holes on the underside of the trunk, Are you going to be able to see them at all once it's built up?

Back