• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I Bless the Rains Down in Africa

Kitty Hawk supposedly will release their Killer Eggs (good for Blackhawk Down scenes) very soon!
13995569_866435050166145_4543470253701525550_o.jpg

Regards,

This may be good for the heat of Summer! Now, we have some new members (one is even South African).

Regards,

Still hoping for the Rhino kit at some point to build for Dave but it's so bloody pricey right now...

Maybe, maybe I could do my MiG 21R for this one (Egyptian AF), however I have decals for a couple of African T34/85's and T55's... Not going to commit as I don't want to let folks down. It will depend on the kick-off date and duration, I'll make a decision then.

Ian.

Maybe, maybe I could do my MiG 21R for this one (Egyptian AF), however I have decals for a couple of African T34/85's and T55's... Not going to commit as I don't want to let folks down. It will depend on the kick-off date and duration, I'll make a decision then.

Ian.
Those got extremely ratty looking in some countries

I also have a Comet. Star Decals has markings for three different South African tanks.

Middle East is also part of this camping?

Hey these reference picsa are great! I was thinking of something sheeled, fo soem reason I am really 'digging' wanting to build up a wheeled armored vehicle, got any reference pics that would fir the bill?

Anything (civilian or military) within Africa's boundaries...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKaXt1PYKXk

You can make the boat from the movie...
7882_front.jpg

Safari Rally race car
5165660322_49100cbc56_o.jpg

Ivory Coast UAZ-469 captured by French troops
hea3ed33_2016-07-16.jpg

Ivory Coast MiG-23ML
h4fd0e1e.jpg

Ivory Coast Su-25
h06eaaa7.jpg

French T-6 Tomcat in Algeria
h072055d_2016-07-16.jpg

Another Tomcat scheme
h7376a58_2016-07-16.jpg

Portuguese Tomcat
hdea2788_2016-07-16.jpg

Eritrean Su-27
ERITREA%2BSU-27%2B608.jpg

Ethiopian Su-27
Ethiopian+SU-27.jpg

Ivory Coast National Gendarmerie BMP-1P with mercenaries
h5c33dfb.jpg

Ivory Coast truck
ha322037_2016-07-16.jpg

South African Olifant in Angola
BkeJysl.jpg

Angolan MiG-23MF
tumblr_inline_nx1ts1PpQi1t90ue7_1280.jpg

and so much more!

Regards,

Egypt is the only place it can be for a Middle East crossover. The rule is that it flies, sails, crawls, walks, swims, hovers, exists, in the continent of Africa.

african-countries.png

africa-countries-capitals-map.jpg

Regards,

I am really 'digging' wanting to build up a wheeled armored vehicle, got any reference pics that would fir the bill?

Until you get a bit more specific, I have no idea if I can help. There are many wheels armored vehicles in Africa, some self-propelled guns like the G-6 and most others are APCs or recon cars. What location and era?

Regards,

Egypt is the only place it can be for a Middle East crossover. The rule is that it flies, sails, crawls, walks, swims, hovers, exists, in the continent of Africa.

Regards,

Wearing my 'Campaign Team' badge first I'm going to agree 100% with and thank Saul for his redefinition for this one, and second let's step away from trying to make what we have in the stash fit the campaign by bending that definition - not saying that's what The Zod was trying to do whatsoever - let's be clear on the geography folks, if in doubt we can refer to Sauls map, OK...

Ian.

I am really 'digging' wanting to build up a wheeled armored vehicle, got any reference pics that would fir the bill?

Until you get a bit more specific, I have no idea if I can help. There are many wheels armored vehicles in Africa, some self-propelled guns like the G-6 and most others are APCs or recon cars. What location and era?

Regards,

AFTER osting this I realized how extensive that request is! Post WW2, more modern the better~
Has the US Stryker been used in Africa?

How about the BTR-80?

I think most of the Panhard's have, so those pics are easy to find.

Anything in the SADF, like the Buffel or the earlier Panhards, assuming 1/35 kits are generally availble for them

If you cannot get or this request is too large thene no-problemo, I just appreciate the response!

Post WW2, more modern the better~
Has the US Stryker been used in Africa?

How about the BTR-80?

I think most of the Panhard's have, so those pics are easy to find.

Anything in the SADF, like the Buffel or the earlier Panhards, assuming 1/35 kits are generally availble for them

Look through this thread and post here what tickles your fancy. If I know of a kit, I will let you know as well as post more reference images... fair enough?
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/the-real-thing/152173-i-bless-the-rains-down-in-africa-photo-reference

Regards,

I'm leaning toward something like one of these...

h5ad9c3d.jpg

h24ff637.jpg

h3038d8d.jpg

Would love it to be 1:32, but as I've got a couple of 1:48 kits then a smaller project it is !! - not definite yet, but a 'definite maybe' !! ;)

Ian.

Back