• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hobby Boss 4.7cm Pak(t) Sfl.auf Fgst. Pz.Kpfw.35 R

To take the photo of the interior I pointed one of my lights at an angle over the top of the ammo
bin down into the engine compartment.
Positioned my tripod,took the picture, moved the camera and tripod out of the way and just as I moved the light back the top of the bin opened up like a zipper just that quick.

I knew the dark paint would absorb heat plus the plastic was really thin so I didn't waste any time taking the picture.
Those little bars along the edge of the grey are the front edge of the bin and were between the shell retainers. That film is the inter surface of the bin, Needless to say I was gutted :bang head

The only way I could see to fix the damage was to re-skin the top of the bin with a piece of very thin "For Sale" sign I had. I took a razor blade and cut the retainer bars and lifting ring off then sanded the top as smooth as possible. I smeared a thin coating of glue,Tamiya Extra Thin,on the sanded surface placed the patch and weighted it down with a steel V block. After waiting for several hours reinstalled the retainers and lifting rings.

This morning I repainted the top and she's almost as good as new.

I need to let the paint cure overnight and Future coat it tomorrow getting it ready for the decals.

Even a so called Master can screw up :blush:
Tony lee

A mere mortal such as I would have just turfed it then and there. Masterful save Tony. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

I have to practice what I preach now James. :eek:hmy:

Remember it's only plastic and you can't let it beat you. :eek:hyeah

Thanks Buddy
Tony lee

It's not so important that you fall off the horse- what matters is getting back on again and keepin' goin'! Bravo, Tony- and bravo on a sweet build!

Back