• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Here Kitty Kitty Kitty" Paul's CTAII Catalina

Paulw

Dont have a pic yet but I am going with the Monogram PBY-5 and doing it as a black cat.
Pics tomorrow.

I would love to see one of these for real. Saw one years ago while out grave yard hunting Even from like 3-4 miles away it looked huge, hard to believe those two engines can pull it out of the water.

This link is to a site that has a brief history of how the Cat came into its own.
http://bigleytl.com/cutaway_pby/

h8311661.JPG

This is the kit I will be doing but one of the iconic Black Cats.

The PBY-5 was a sea plane only wile the 5A, Being the most recognized, is an amphibian.
The Brits had them from lend lease and gave the PBY its moniker "Catalina". Use primarily at the beginning of the was for recon and SAR. It was used in the pacific to directly attack the Japanese and one of the most successful schemes and purposes were anti shipping and ASW.

I don't know if I will do much detail of the interior because at this point it would be futile to do it and expect people to really see inside.
Ill have most of the interior started tomorrow.

Built this one up as a Black Cat years ago and loved it.

Like Bob, I was pretty amazed of the size of this in real life-- saw the one at the Geneseo National Warplane Museum and it was a giant!

OK fellas, hold on to your chapeau. I broke it open today and have the cursory time stamp.

Started at the start and have the pit done and the midships done also, Ill install the .50s at the end with all the fiddly bits. but here is where I am in this build. I may do more tonight.

Ain't much to the ip so this is whats there.
Hopes y'all like it.

This link is to a site that has a brief history of how the Cat came into its own.
http://bigleytl.com/cutaway_pby/

h8311661.JPG

This is the kit I will be doing but one of the iconic Black Cats.

The PBY-5 was a sea plane only wile the 5A, Being the most recognized, is an amphibian.
The Brits had them from lend lease and gave the PBY its moniker "Catalina". Use primarily at the beginning of the was for recon and SAR. It was used in the pacific to directly attack the Japanese and one of the most successful schemes and purposes were anti shipping and ASW.

I don't know if I will do much detail of the interior because at this point it would be futile to do it and expect people to really see inside.
Ill have most of the interior started tomorrow.

Canadian Vickers built 380 PBV-1's (PBY-5A's) and were called "Canso A" by the RCAF, 230 of those were sent to the USAAF designated as "OA-10A".

I've got one in my stash to build as an RCAF machine. Looks good (y) .

Cheers,
Rich

OK fellas, hold on to your chapeau. I broke it open today and have the cursory time stamp.

Started at the start and have the pit done and the midships done also, Ill install the .50s at the end with all the fiddly bits. but here is where I am in this build. I may do more tonight.

Ain't much to the ip so this is whats there.
Hopes y'all like it.

What's holdin' ya up.... :rotf

Great start Paul. :dude

It's not as if I sit around and model all day, Bob. I do have to go to the bathroom every once in a while.

Back