• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1:48 Seaking AEW Mk2 Finished

Hasegawa 1:48 Seaking AEW Mk2

I left the masking on as i thought i might gloss coat it for decals but there are hardly andy decals so may not bother.

Masked up with most of the bits on for spraying, made up a temporary door to try and keep the overspray out of the cockpit

I have sprayed on some weathering but i will fine tune it by hand later, i just wanted to get the spraying out the way before i fit rotor heads and undercarriage etc

Neat! :popcorn

End of week report and things have slowed considerably as England is wall to wall sunshine and things to be done outside.

We do now have a radar dome and wheels ;)

And i can see now why you cant open the side door on the AEW version :)

Well, maybe I'm just easy Paddy but I'm impressed so far :good:

Good job . cheers, Christian B)

I thought i could do this without the instructions but something just doesn't look right ;)

The Decals are useless, just show them water and they shatter like glass into 100 pieces. Perils of an old kit and having a stash :) Some locating pins on this kit are just faint bumps now the moulds are that old but worse are the edges of parts to be joined where the moulds have rounded off making it almost impossible to hide a join. Must be nearly time to retire this mould ;)

:idonno Not sure about the new rotors, think they may be a tad off dimensionally.

Ian.

Here we are then
I'm pleased with some of it and not so pleased with other bits. All in all as a "get me back into the swing" kit its served its purpose and i'm already thinking about the next project and what i can do to enhance it :)
Thanks for all your kind words along the way

Thanks for looking :)

Back