• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1:48 Seaking AEW Mk2 Finished

Hasegawa 1:48 Seaking AEW Mk2

They close one and reopen one... Such is life! Four of the six bases I was stationed at have been shut down. Is it me?

Looks like the radio in Seakings is old school 1950's telephone leads :)

Coiled leads all over the place.

Guessing these are 1/4" jack plugs then in 1/48 thats about .005" so 5thou wire wrapped round 10 thou wire seems to be not far off

Its been a long time and i am having to re learn all the old tricks. Wish i could think of a way to make 10thou ball knobs for throttle controls :)

One major change since my last build....I cant bloody see anything MP :) i have some reading glasses and one of those magnifier lamps but when you take pictures and blow them up i think...made right pigs ear of that when i thought it looked ok before :laugh: :laugh: .

Take the glasses back off and you nail it!

I feel your pain Paddy. I got a new HP 820g3 laptop at work and brought it home for "evaluation" and the screen resolution is so tight, it's hard for me to read. 12.5" screen but 1920 x 1080, little bitty pixels! Readers ain't cutting it for me now. I've been building under a maglight for a while now.

Keep at it bud, you're doing great. :popcorn

Looks like you are off to a good start. That makes 2 of us doing a Seaking. This should be fun.....Cheers mark

I feel your pain Paddy. I got a new HP 820g3 laptop at work and brought it home for "evaluation" and the screen resolution is so tight, it's hard for me to read. 12.5" screen but 1920 x 1080, little bitty pixels! Readers ain't cutting it for me now. I've been building under a maglight for a while now.

What kind of maglight are you using?

Tim

What kind of maglight are you using?

Tim

Just a real cheap thing with a plastic lens...

Glue on the Glass !!

Stupid rookie mistake. As i go alone with this build i realise taking 3-4 years out has made me a stupid rookie again. It so annoying knowing what i want to do and i cant remember or cant find the skill to do what i used to do. Its coming back slowly. I remember now what truths a Macro lens can reveal !!

Lesson one. Its no good scaling down the parts if you don't scale down the weathering to match.

If i built this again i would scrap the kit seat, the framework is too heavy....and you will not see those ejector pin marks...
anyway............lets call this a practice run :yipee

Its going to make more sense once its buttoned up and the light is less criticle on my smudges and bodges :)

The thing i am trying to build is a pretty shabby " in the real world " aircraft anyway.

Maybe not quite as extreme as this one but a work horse not a display aircraft ;)

Looking quite busy Paddy . Ah, aging ! What a process :blink

Keep up the good work :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

I feel your pain Paddy. I recently picked up the torch again after a 20+ year hiatus. More than a little rusty doesn't even begin to cover it. Add in the fact I'm always trying new things I haven't done before.....it's a wonder nothing has hit the scrapper yet. :rotf

Off to buy some filler tomorrow....what a state to be in :)

by the way the fire extinguisher is a bit of sprue, shaped and some brass tube and the red cross decal is a RAF fin flash cut up. Seat pads are 6 layers of masking tape.

Off to buy some filler tomorrow....what a state to be in :)

by the way the fire extinguisher is a bit of sprue, shaped and some brass tube and the red cross decal is a RAF fin flash cut up. Seat pads are 6 layers of masking tape.

Starting to remember why I like your builds so much :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Not being a chopper guy its difficult to know how far to progress before i put on the overall colour. Once the 2 halves are joined, any further detail is mostly stuff i will have to mask off again, wheels rotor heads etc. When you build aircraft all the time you sort of get into a pattern which you have to rethink with copters :)

Careful there, Paddy- chopper building has broken many a fine lad and driven grown men to tears! ;) Looks great to me- and I love those hanging coils. Cheers!

Back