• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gulf War Bradley

Finally got an update. Tracks!

20160424_183121.jpg

How about that, tracks that actually fit!

20160424_183214.jpg

Playing around with dark yellow wash from Vallejo, I had the wheels soaking in it and thought it was too green but it dried out and barely noticeable now. Will keep playing.

20160424_183222.jpg

I like the kit, dry fit is almost like snap together. I think it's clear this kit was built with an interior in mind, why they don't supply one I don't know.

I couldn't help to think while putting these together how much they look like WWII German tracks like the PzIV, simple one piece (think the rubber pad is replacible?).

Hindsight being what it is I probably should have grabbed that kit instead of this one. For what I paid for this it's not a lot of bang for the buck. But I did pay LHS price so that's my fault.

I couldn't help to think while putting these together how much they look like WWII German tracks like the PzIV, simple one piece (think the rubber pad is replacible?).

yes, the pads are replaceable. in Germany we replaced them twice a year to avoid roadway damage. It takes pretty much a full 8 hour work day to do one vehicle. 82 pads on right side and 84 pads on left side. I don't know why the difference. It made the vehicle pull to the left.

When the tracks have new pads they have terrible snow traction. LOL ...Pretty hair raising going through narrow street and the darn thing starts drifting LOL :blink

I think the differance was the same as the M-113. It counter the torque so a right turn was easier. I think equal tracks would cause a much wider turn to the right than the left. Been a long time and memory is one of the first..........what was the question?

James

Back