• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gulf War Bradley

Cavalry to the rescue!

h275e17a.jpg

:D

https://youtu.be/rhQnvrCkSHM

Thanks MP for poking me! LOL
<snif> I smell Bradley diesel in here!

I like that blackened track!
MrT, that video is awesome! reminds me of great times driving a Bradley. I love the drifting Bradley. LOL

Oh man that's cool! Thanks Terry, sorry I missed this post yesterday.

That's really cool them doing the Blues Brothers sliding in parking.

Chris bring it on, I know you got something in the stash. :soldier

I'm not good at armor designations, but I think the Bradley WAS in Desert Storm.
One of the most memorable pics from Life magazine from that war shows a Bradley crewmember sitting in the back of a medevac UH-60 crying over his friends death which was caused by a blue on blue incident.

Tim

There's no doubt the Bradley was there, the kit I've started is a M3A3 which came along after the war. As Terry said, Calvary inbound. :soldier

Very Nice choice MP ... good luck on this one ... Thanks for the Vid Mr.T I just relized that the Games workshop Razorback is based on a Bradley ... Get -R - Done Bob :soldier (y)

If memory serves - <ahem> :hmmm
there were A0, A1 and the beginning of A2 Bradleys on the ground of DS.
I think it was mostly A0 and A1. My friend who was there told me that he was the TC of a A1, which had minor exterior changes over the A0. Right off the top is the shape of the bustle rack. The A0 was angled in and the A1 was vertical.

I remember seeing A1s appear in our Battalion (2/30Inf) in 1987. My Company still had A0s. I liked the extra storage space on the A1 turret.

at the time, the interior of A0/A1 M2s were the same. I never had a chance to see a M3 model in person.
The A2 ODS model changed the interior layout from the seats to the bench. But that was after Desert Storm.

From Squadron's M2/M3 Bradley in Action

M2A1 at the bottom, the upper two are M2A0s - note turret bustle rack shape.
scan0001.jpg

a M2A0 on the firing line...1986
Graff_1986_282029.jpg

Edited to Add - Those chains are so we can tie down the vehicle onto train flat beds. Also note the light grey dust of Graff, Germany.

Chris, really appreciate your photos, big help!

So I think I got the tedious stuff done. Now the fun begins. Remember this A3 model is not for the campaign, just for fun. :soldier

hf9ce8e7.jpg

Running gear installed, drive and idlers will be on tomorrow.

h8dbaf19.jpg

At least the tracks and wheels fit together. I got tracks coming for the A2 model.

hab275f9.jpg

These things are big!

Nope. But if your kit has the gun ports that arent used then add them to turn it into an IFV. I dont think there are a lot of other external differences.

(of course I may be wrong)

James

Nope. But if your kit has the gun ports that arent used then add them to turn it into an IFV. I dont think there are a lot of other external differences.

(of course I may be wrong)

James

Not to worry James, General Mr T came through with the correct ride.

h275e17a.jpg

I just notice I didn't get a proper startup shot of this one. I'll correct that this evening. :soldier

Back