• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Easy Pickins"

Dang MrT, I'm havin a heck of a time already tryin to figure out the base as it is Bro.............Bahahaaa. I'm a glutton for punishment, I know. Them big rigs ain't so cheap any more, if ya know what I mean. Thx for the kind words Amigo.

Sherman, Piet, thx Gents, greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Ski.

James Ma Brotha, how ya doing? Good to see you again and thx for the kid words. What's brewin in the O'Leary bunker these days Bro?

I'll be attempting to follow the tutorials Mig has posted on YouTube and I've got Rinaldi's Tank Art #1 and #5 open on the easels in front of my work area. It's gonna be fun, as long as I'm patient, lol.

Thx for watchin Gents. Cheers, Ski.

Hey Ski. I'm doing fairly well except that they are closing down the WTU here at Fort Sill and I am getting sent to Fort Hood for my last couple of months in the military. I had been busy working on a large concept model of what the Air Defense Artillery Museum is going to be turned into once the new building is constructed. Now I am working on a M577 for the Artillery Museum and after that I will work on some stuff for myself. I started some figures for another Vietnam diorama. My eyes are starting to get bad, so after looking at the first face I painted for that new dio, I am not sure how it will turn out. Hopefully I will be able to see better once my reading glasses are ready.

Take care and keep up the great work on this project.

Cheers,
James

Ya Bro, glasses are a pain, I just started wearing them. You'll do fine once you're back up to speed. Sorry for the delayed response, knocking out some outside work before the spring shows and I get stuck out there for good, lol. I did get some bunker time to add a few more pics below.

Stay safe Brother. Cheers, Ski.

Just a few pics of the R75 with a bit of rusting and light weathering. I'll continue once the Harley is done and the base is built in order to blend them all together. Thx for watching Gents.

Cheers, Ski.

WoW Steve ... don't think Awesome is enough for this work ... excellent job paint weathering & detail ... (y) :popcorn

If only we could get Stevo to take that ride, lol. Thx Gents, more to follow soon, I hope.

Cheers, Ski.

Oh boy, it's been a bit Gents, but I've actually been able to slip into the bunker and get back to work.

I did take these pics last night, but everything and it's brother was eating into my bunker time, even today.

Here's a few pics of the saddlebags and scabbard as well as some work I did on the seat in an attempt to make the stitching. That was a pain, but it'll have to do. You may also be able to see the reworked plumbing lines in there too. Detail Masters has some really good stuff.

Touch up base tone must be done before the weathering, chipping and rusting out some bolt areas, etc., but I'm almost where I was when the first Harley met it dastardly fate on the bunker floor in pieces. Much care and attention is being take this time around, HA! Thx for watching and fire away if there's something I may have missed.

Cheers, Ski.

cva65Iu.jpg

Thx Gents, appreciate the kind words.

JSteinman, good to see ya Brotha, how ya been? Have a great paint sniffin, finger gluin 2017!

Chees, Ski.

Almost forgot, here's a pic of the brake solenoid/actuator-relay thingamajiggy, ya know, the part that tells the brake light to come on, HA!

More to follow soon. Cheers, Ski.

Beautiful work Ski , looks like the real deal , love it !!!
Us Polish types gotta stick together ........

Back