• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon M4A1 75mm USMC

well...whacha gonna do? :popcorn

And I'm not sure i'd trust the color levels in those photos. No9 looks black, don't think that's right.

Hopefully what I say will make sense. :idonno I have some Shapeways products at home. Mine seemed a little slick. I would use some acetone,that is in finger nail polish remover,to clean the slick stuff off. The acetone will have a strong odor.

Do you use any kind of primer? Back in 2000 or so,I started using Krylon gray primer. That primer is laquer based. It is safe for model plastic. But I would not use it on any rubber parts. Maybe that is why the Tamiya paint stripped off?

Hopefully what I say will make sense. :idonno I have some Shapeways products at home. Mine seemed a little slick. I would use some acetone,that is in finger nail polish remover,to clean the slick stuff off. The acetone will have a strong odor.

Do you use any kind of primer? Back in 2000 or so,I started using Krylon gray primer. That primer is laquer based. It is safe for model plastic. But I would not use it on any rubber parts. Maybe that is why the Tamiya paint stripped off?

Yes that makes since Zod. I washed them in 409, really let them soak for about an hour. I then dried them over night before using them. I looked okay until the OD paint. On the paint, the base white only pulled away on the top of the turret where the casting numbers and on a couple edges came off the PE parts other that that it was anything after the white that chipped. The chipping a some spots does not look to bad and easy to fix. :ro:

This morning I did some repainting on it let me know what you guys think. I did not do as many coats and also thinned the paint a little more.

DSC01982_zps3af34c8f.jpg

DSC01984_zps6ae134ce.jpg

DSC01985_zpsfb125f2a.jpg

DSC01986_zps49020bff.jpg

DSC01987_zps1a5aeec9.jpg

DSC01988_zps45ed248b.jpg

DSC01989_zpsaa78fc7d.jpg

I free handed the camo this time

DSC01990_zps8c8e2349.jpg

DSC01991_zps66d39b32.jpg

DSC01992_zps4ebbd6a9.jpg

DSC01993_zps198ab0f6.jpg

Some shots before clearing the paint. I painted on the markings and started some detail painting.

DSC01999_zpsfec4b1f5.jpg

DSC02000_zps0d3a3a7e.jpg

DSC02001_zps903d7ae8.jpg

maybe more tonight
:drinks

Back