• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon M48A3 Mod B Viet Nam 11th Armored 1969

This looks like another of your 'Labours of Love', Jeff; really putting in the hard yards on this one.

Ian

Some more done here, not much but steps forward :good:

Test fit all the commanders copula together, not sure how I'm going to use all the clear pieces. I'm thinking of just painting the back side black first then a coat of very light gray. I would like to put a figure or crew in this. The clear parts are nice, don't get me wrong there. The riser is so well done you can clearly see it is a model kit by seeing the inside. I don't have any clear or good photos of inside the copula to really make a good attempt at detailing it.
035_zps86e2086b.jpg

036_zps32f6210d.jpg

037_zps3a9f8638.jpg

not sure why/how DML design for this should work as the riser does not lock into the turret - note

Suspension is on. Fit is great. Only part that has issue and not sure what DML was thinking is the last shock lower mount. I tried flipping the parts from right and left and that does not work. Most is hidden by the road wheel but you can see the issue from the back side. I'll take a close up later. Total for got to :bang head
038_zps3427c94e.jpg

040_zps9bb02e48.jpg

Back