• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Don Cossak 1918-1920 Completed !!

Quick update
Head now done apart from the glossing on the slashed peak on the cap

Roughing in the tunic now and somewhat mucked up the groundwork having done the epoxy putty old doughnut boy here forgot to tint the putty in the way that he intended too
thus heavy washes of brown has pretty much mucked up the grass effects,... oh well you live and learn
fence just given a very light wash of brown to be enhanced later on :)

Enjoy,.... :D

IMG_3939.JPG

Rushing on with this now as I have another show next Saturday and would let to enter this as Im running out of stuff to show as previous winners are not eligable in the competetion

Closer pic with different lighting

IMG_3941.JPG

I better get practicing, if only to flake off the rust! You have done a fabulous job. Burton, Joe Hudson, and you are inspirational with your works! Now, if only motivational was involved...

Regards,

Hey thank you Joe

Update

Tunic and leather belts all done shoulder boards also completed hands are roughed in and the bottoms and boots are up next for the basecoating

IMG_3945.JPG

PS

All acrylics Andrea, Vallejo, Games workshop.

I did try some dabbling in oils for the face but mucked it up and then used my tried and trusted face paint procedure
I did however use some oils for the reddening on the cheeks :D

Beautiful Andy!!! Everything works perfectly together.

How do you work so fast? Oh yeah, you use acrylics... :laugh:

Tom

Laura Ron Terry Tom

Thank you very much

Well in answer to Toms question I do sections at one time say for instance I`ll work on the trousers in an evening session and while the paint dries Ill do some work on the base and vice versa that way it doesnt take too long to complete

Generally Ill work from head to toe with the boots being last

The figure is then fixed to base and then Ill go back and touch up and refine anything that catches the eye

Glad you like it

Fun little job and ready for Saturday

Next up is to kick my printers head in cos it wont print out the name plate I made onto glossy photographic paper
The papaer wont feed while it prints perfectly on normal papar ,..grrrrrrrr

Back