• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Jagdpanther G2 Smart Kit

Tony lee

Master at Arms

Are you as ready as I am to get under way?
The exterior looks to be excellent but the interior is an empty dud even the 88 breech is very very simplified :(

You've been bombarded with Panther builds over the years so I see no reason for a blow by blow build of the lower hull. Here's steps 1 through 3 in a nut shell.

Tomorrow starts a new chapter in world history, lets hope for the best :idonno
Tony lee

Remember me telling you that the 88 breech was very simple?

This is what a $70 MSRP gun breech looks like.

That's it and it's complete too :angry:

Big Day tomorrow,Happy New Year :drinks
Tony lee

Kind of surprising. Maybe they dont think anyone opens hatches now adays (although I bet all the dogs are on the hatches arent they.
Happy New Year Tony.
James

You're so right James ALL the hatches can be left open.
Maybe they're thinking they'll sell some extra 88 kits.

Calling for snow again tomorrow night :eek:hmy:
Tony lee

Update Time

Got up early and went to work on the top side. Gained some time by not having to clean up or add parts that serve no purpose inside the fighting compartment.

That's it for today almost time to eat my pork, cabbage, blackeyed peas with cornbread.
That meal ensures you're Healthy, Wealthy and Wise in the coming year. It's a Redneck thing don't ya know.

Cheers
Tony lee

Todays Update= 7.5 hrs

Rear Hull Plate

Not a good fit but a little light file work in a couple of spots showed her who's boss.

With the rear hull plate in place the upper hull could be installed and plus more parts.

Casement roof just a dry fit for now.

The sun is shining on the fresh 3 inches of snow but man it's cold. :D
Tony lee

Plastic Construction Phase Complete

I just now noticed that you don't get tow cable in the kit :hmmm

Tracks are next
When they get here that is.

Tony lee :)

Back