• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Brummbar Mid Prod WIP (continued) 01- 23-12

Re:DML Brummbar Mid Prod WIP Dec 21

Painted a few add on parts today and even got the dullcoat on the Panzerjager 1.

100_0419.jpg

I just stuck the tracks on to see how they were going to look.

Later
Tony Lee

I had a very traumatic day,I spilled my custom mix bottle of dark yellow for this thing. I just hope I was able to mop up enough of it to finish what needs painted. I did recover enough to get something done but not as much as I had planned for. :blush:

100_0421.jpg

I still can't figure out how I dumped that paint,it happened to quickly.

Tomorrow has to be a better day. :woohoo:
Tony Lee

Sorry to hear of the paint mishap, Tony! I've got a couple T shirts that got "painted" that way too, at least you salvaged enough to touch up. The tracks look great, as does the exhaust, very believable and realistic. Got nuthin done on mine today, not going to get any done tonite either, guess tomorrow is another day. :idonno

Mike we sure make a great pair don't we? I don't have the t-shirts because this is my first time,no my second time ,being a clutz.The first was when I dropped my Stug III G on a concrete floor.

Thanks the compliment helped.
Tony Lee

Re:DML Brummbar Mid Prod WIP Dec 22

:laugh: Oh i'll get over it.If Laura can handle the gaps I can handle a little spilled paint. :woohoo:

Wishing you guys a great day Friday with the family.
Tony Lee and Catherine :)

Re:DML Brummbar Mid Prod WIP Dec 22

Completed yesterdays task today,mud flaps are on now. :woohoo:
100_0424.jpg

Later
Tony Lee

Re:DML Brummbar Mid Prod WIP Dec 23

Looks great, Tony! Merry Christmas, my friend! :peace

Why Thank You Mike and the same to you from Catherine and I.

Pecan pie and eggnog,nectar of the Gods.

Tony Lee

Happy New Year Everybody

I running a survey asking about those skirts. I've never put any on before and was wondering what configuration would give it the best eye appeal. Can you help me here???
100_0449.jpg

100_0448.jpg

A front and back shot for your viewing pleasure. :laugh:
100_0450.jpg

100_0451.jpg

5 and a 1/2 hours to go :woohoo:
Tony Lee

Re:DML Brummbar Mid Prod WIP Dec 31

Hi Tony.

It is really looking great. As far as the side skirts go. The only things I see that you might want to change are that the small panels at the very front were actually bolted to the first full size panels on the real thing. So you probably would not see one hanging all by itself(but you should also never say never about something like this). If the first full size panel was knocked off, the tiny front piece would most likely go with it. Similarly on the left side, it might look better if you attatched the front tiny panel to the first full size panel. And the only other idea I have is that if it is missing so many panels, it might look more the part if you did a little more damage to the hangers, racks, rails, or what ever they are called (probably one of those neato German 30 letter words like kistenbeltzenabwhereflugzugsonderkrafterspitzenrack ;) ).But it is really a nice Sturm wagon you have there.

Gary B)

Tony, your build has the same issues mine does, the top hangers project further than the bottoms, making the skirts not hang plumb (vertical). All the photos I've found appear vertical, so I guess I'll probably make new lower brackets for mine.
http://www.wwiivehicles.com/germany/self-propelled/brummbar/brummbar-08.png
http://www.wwiivehicles.com/germany/self-propelled/brummbar/brummbar-07.png
I still love your build! Thanks for getting me back on track with mine! (y)

Thanks guys for your reply. The two pictures were what I had in mind for the skirts but once I had them in place they just didn't look right so I am asking what would look better,no what I mean Vern?

Coop if you look at the side shots you can see the three bolts in the center of those small plates as well as the two arms that bolt to the next plate.If you look at the front pic you can see the bracket they were bolted to as well(I used some blu-tack to stick the plates on).

Mike don't do that extra work and here's why. The plates are meant to angle in toward the road wheels. When they were traveling in mud or snow the crew would lift the plates off those center mounts and let them hang straight down so the mud or snow wouldn't collect and pack up behind the plates. I would say that's when they would loose them most of the time because the plates were not tucked in and protected by the tracks.

"Now you know the rest of the story"
Tony Lee

I added a few more plates,does this look any better?
100_0452.jpg

100_0453.jpg

What about I take out the center plate on the left side and put one either at the front or the rear,looks kinda even the way i've got them????
100_0454.jpg

Thanks
Tony Lee

Re:DML Brummbar Mid Prod WIP Jan 01

Tony-
That looks really cool so far. Are you adding any camo to it or keeping it overall dunkelgelb? Keep up the good work!

Shaggy :dude

Re:DML Brummbar Mid Prod WIP Jan 01

After doing some digging, looks like the angle is correct. Thanks for pointing that out, Tony, would have been kind of embarrassing to continue on my original path! :blush:

Back