• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Czech Model 1/32 Brewster F2A-3 Buffalo

Thanks Warren! Still got to fix a few sections of seams...going to try to do so from the inside as I can reach there...but it's more done than not now ;)

I have to say....I've never seen a kit more resistant to glue than this one. The gear legs are final on but regular cement didn't work and even CA was a challenge...
IMG_20180303_030400.jpg

IMG_20180303_030502.jpg

IMG_20180303_030327.jpg

IMG_20180303_030432.jpg

Anyone know what color the lights on the top towards the wing tips were?

You are probably going to find my post obtuse but you should rethink your landing gear installation.

had7a289.jpg

The paint job looks good though.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian...yeah it was brought up in the What's on Your Bench thread...I made a goofy mistake interpreting the directions...started the fix earlier ;)

I suspect the pilots would have preferred the wider stance gear scheme. I don't have any definitive information on the upper wing lights but artwork I've seen shows them the same color as the wingtip lights, red to port and green to starboard.

Fixing those Luis ;)

Been a bit of a bear because the plastic just doesn't want to.adhere with glue or CA....so I added some thin styrene strip to the inside edges of both parts and I figure the glue will.adhere those strips together at least....

Pics to follow in a few days...going to be a busy couple days getting my wife another truck as her current ones frame is apparently rotting out.

Calling this one done...definitely a challenge for me. Made me feel like a novice all over again...glue wouldn't set...no definitive attachment points for parts....fit so so...I am sure many here would pull off a much better job on this one- but this is where I must stop before I launch it with the skeet launcher.
IMG_20180330_134119.jpg

IMG_20180330_134044.jpg

IMG_20180330_134022.jpg

IMG_20180330_133951.jpg

Back