• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Czech Model 1/32 Brewster F2A-3 Buffalo

Painting the white behind the film seems to work pretty well- and this was done with the AC Moore version of white craft paint
IMG_20170603_094419570-768x1365.jpg

I am not overly thrilled with how the black came out on the panel front...guess the Modem Master flat black was drying up on me...might use that other set of PE to redo it....
IMG_20170603_094533148-1024x576.jpg

That's what I did Bob ;). Nothing much to show since these...just a few pieces glued together since I'm also elbow deep in building Moebius' beautiful '71 Ford Ranger truck for a pick-up build over at the Worx ;).

Oh...you meant engine pics...duh ;)

Been busy putting the garden in so haven't been modeling much this weekend...I'll grab a pic or two tonight.

Well this is embarrassing...in the realm of measure thrice and cut once, when I was lining up the pins to show the offset, it actually clicking into place correctly...so I glued it down! Nothing to see but clamps now so pics later ;)

Ok...first question as I'm jumping around building some different subassemblies. The front and back engine halves have teeny pins that line up so that the cylinders line up offset of each other....but pics I've looked up seem to show just one set of cylinders...so should I just ignore the pins?

Anytime radial engines had more than one bank of cylinders, the second bank was rotated between the front bank. This was to get cooling airflow over the rear cylinders.

In the case of the Buffalo, the engine (A Wright R-1820-9) only had 9 cylinders (1 bank) so it wasn't an issue.

Here is a link to a Wikipedia photo.

Wright R-1820 engine

Been trying to finish the school year and also clear some space off the bench to work on this beastie! Tomorrow is my last day- just a meeting that could have been an email...and got two vehicles and my Patton cleared off- so time to focus on the Buff!

Been able to work on this beast in between stifling heat...late night sessions into the early morning are best-- thank God for vacation! Loads of subassemblies to help spread the work out...

The seat-- hard to focus on this one-- need my regular photo set-up back!
IMG_20170703_100214.jpg

And where it's going-
IMG_20170703_100152.jpg

Maybe I am weird but taking close-ups like this helps me find the small things I might've missed like the misalignment of the foot troughs...will work on that in the nest session
IMG_20170703_100339.jpg

IMG_20170703_100307.jpg

Barely the beginning of the side panel work I have yet to do...but it's a start-
IMG_20170703_100401.jpg

And the start on the engine...kind of a kit unto itself-
IMG_20170703_100126.jpg

And the latest progress...
IMG_20170707_211040.jpg

IMG_20170707_211005.jpg

And adding some small bits of detail thanks to Mike Grant decals for the data placards...
IMG_20170707_210241.jpg

IMG_20170707_210221.jpg

Thanks Dave! I always forget about those injection marks...not too worried about the ones that won't show but I'll get after the ones near the details best as I can...

And now the part where it may all go to hell ;)

So far so good though...here is my attempts at starting to close up the fuselage- rear to front!

IMG_20170718_212122.jpg

Well...I've had to "improvise". While I did get her to close up in a sense, it's made it so the hole the underside window slides into is too wide and it now falls in...so I made a bit of a shim and it fits now. Sprayed the light gray and waiting for things to cure.

Ummmmmm I have the kit and know it is basically a barrel with wings, but,

:nopics

I want to see what you are talking about Mike. Please?

I think that at this point, the build is made of more of the sprues from other kits used as filler more than it is actual Czech Model plastic...but it's nearing the end...
IMG_20180218_091821.jpg

IMG_20180218_091753.jpg

Back