• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CHARLIE DON'T SURF 3 COMPLETION THREAD

Here is my final project for the Charlie Don't Surf 3 Build Campaign - SIGNALLER, Victory Company, Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment in Vietnam 1967.

100_9746.JPG

100_9751.JPG

100_9752.JPG

So that checks the block for the New Zealand Ribbon. Besides the New Zealand Ribbon, the NAVY, AUSTRALIA, FRANCE, and SOUTH Ribbons still need to be added to my Ribbon Rack.

I really enjoyed this build campaign and look forward to Charlie Don't Surf 4 some time in the future, like in the next couple of years or so.

Cheers,
James

Hey James, I REALLY like the Aussie...particularly the FAL! it is the gun the US SHOULD have had, as opposed to the M14!

Very nice, which ribbon? North?

We've had a request to extend this by 2 months, I don't see any reason not to. James O'Leary may want to get some battle stars. :rotf :soldier

h96e84f9.JPG

Some really great work being doe here!! :notworthy Unfortunately Mine is just ok. :idonno The kit is not the problem, It's a good kit as far as fit goes. I think the Revell kit with all its problems has a better shape an has the correct fuselage bumps. So, here's my Mig-21. Just under the wire. Gary S

Very nice, which ribbon? North?

We've had a request to extend this by 2 months, I don't see any reason not to. James O'Leary may want to get some battle stars. :rotf :soldier

I say extend it by the two months so the projects that are so close to completion can get done. If there were battle stars for our MA ribbons, it would probably only be on the Army one for me. :)

Cheers,
James

We could probably rig a battle star sure nuff.

I'm kinda concerned about using real ribbons for our campaigns. I don't want someone to think we're laying claim to things we shouldn't.

What's your take James.

I'm kinda concerned about using real ribbons for our campaigns. I don't want someone to think we're laying claim to things we shouldn't.

What's your take James.
Before I made the ribbons I talked to 2 Vietnam vets and they both thought it was a great idea to use their ribbon as a background. If a battle star is needed please let me know I can do one for sure.

What's your take James.

I think in regards to this particular campaign, using the Vietnam Service Ribbon is appropriate as people who know what the actual ribbon is for will recognize that this campaign is related to Vietnam. The addition of ARMY, NAVY, USAF, MARINES, etc show that it is not intended to necessarily show that the participants of this build campaign are claiming to be Vietnam Vets or anything like that, just that our projects are related to Vietnam. The ribbons that were used for the previous "Charlie Don't Surf" build campaigns do not convey that they are related to Vietnam because there is not the universally recognizable image that the Vietnam Service Ribbon presents. If I hadn't been a part of the two previous build campaigns, I wouldn't know what those ribbons were for.

That's my take on it.

Cheers,
James

This kit was a battle all the way. :fencing :fencing
Thanks to the group for the extra two months.
I finally beat this into submission.
For your viewing pleasure. (I am not the best photographer, picture not the best.
20180513_133929.jpg

20180513_133950.jpg

20180513_134011.jpg

20180513_134033.jpg

Nice work, Frank. The engine screens are especially good, congratulations on making it to the finish line.

Thank you everyone.
We will see how she does on Saturday.
Heading to Branson MO for the region 5 regional contest.
Frank

Back