• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bachem Ba 349 Natter 1/48 Dragon kit

That is looking quite good Michel!

I_LIKE_IT.jpg

Thank you old dog!

Time to tackle the Schmidding rocket boosters! After assembly the round front part was cut and sanded flat as can been seen on some of the Natter photos, the main reason being to make it easier to apply the decals in that area.

Gx0dUO0.jpg

Then painting and weathering as usual.

w5zYmSt.jpg

Final assembly!

8NWJNUb.jpg

GcNIpfA.jpg

JZKS3iK.jpg

J0vUrtX.jpg

g5wcRgG.jpg

iKEzrWh.jpg

Next: the base!

M

Thanks to all for the nice words!

I'm working on the pole, making it look like wood with an intrersting technique I just learned about. Pics soon!

M

I started work on the launcher with the pole.

jhoeubL.jpg

First a base coat of Gunze H66 Sandy Brown was applied. Then for the wood effect, Vandyke Brown oil paint was applied straight from the tube, no thinning, and then smeared and partially removed with a dry, clean soft brush.

uxkmCRo.jpg

To add variation, after 24 hours of drying time, more oil paint was removed with a cotton bud moistened with white spirit. Then the airbrush was used to lighten some areas with highly thinned base coat color. Similarly Tamiya Smoke mixed with Gunze Black was used to add some dark patches.

A coat of Future was applied to protect the work done so far and an oil wash (Vandyke Brown + Black) was then applied, which worked well with the kit’s engraved wood veins texture.

A coat of Vallejo flat clear was followed by dry-brushing with Vallejo Medium Sea Grey.

hFTf4Fh.jpg

The hooked spikes were painted with Vallejo Natural Steel followed by a black oil wash to dull the metallic shine.

In a slightly different lighting:

s21tnQH.jpg

I'm quite satisfied with the result. Hope you like it too!

M

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Michel will you please paint ALL of my 'wood effect' stuff from now on ! - Good Lord, that's just superb.

Ian.

Thank you all for the nice words!!

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Michel will you please paint ALL of my 'wood effect' stuff from now on ! - Good Lord, that's just superb.

Ian.

Ian, you're very kind but it's not that hard to do, really, if one follows the steps. The kit's pole really has great engraving, which really helps too. ;)

Back