• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bachem Ba 349 Natter 1/48 Dragon kit

Doodling in RLM 82… About half way there.

VySgfdU.jpg

bqs1qin.jpg

Thank you all for the comments!! :drinks

The spaghetti fiesta took some time to finish but now it's done!

eCDR2OX.jpg

SXBvkQy.jpg

Hope you like it!

M

Great airbrush control, Michel, have to admit I'm a little jealous !

:good:

Ian.

Thanks Ian! Gunze paint thinned at 80/20 with extra retarder added to the thinner. Sprayed at max pressure with my Iawata Revolution, 3mm nozzle. A 2mm nozzle or 1.8 would be better but I haven't invested in a better airbrush yet...

M

Thank you all for the nice words! :drinks

Christian, it did take some time indeed. I broke it down into 4 separate sessions on different days. More manageable that way. B)

M

Thank you all for the nice words! :drinks

Christian, it did take some time indeed. I broke it down into 4 separate sessions on different days. More manageable that way. B)

M

being a long time fan of squiggles myself, I understand that . Besides, the paint/airbrush situation tends to become very unruly after a while .

Great job :drinks Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you guys for the nice comments! :drinks

Until now I've been using Brett Gooden's Project Natter as a reference book but I ran into a book in German in a local bookshop the other day, which I wasn't long in buying. Got it at a bargain price too!

mKF9YDP.jpg

Both books have a nice contemporary document with the markings and stencils of the operational Natter.

XH1pIpw.jpg

It clearly says the nose is RLM 23 Red, which I'm all for! Let's bring some color to this bird.

IK0a9DD.jpg

The red nose makes sense too. After all the C-Stoff was an alcohol-based mixture. :D

There are no stencils included on the kit's decal sheet so I ordered them from my favorite tailor-made decal provider. He's good but a bit slow so in the meantime I turned my attention to the launcher and base.

The pole has hooked spikes for the maintenance crew to climb but I didn't like the kit's over-sized plastic ones so i removed them and replaced them with new ones made from copper wire.

ruKtHYX.jpg

I also added a piece to the bottom of the pole to insert into the base (a piece cut from a pen of the right size).

EZ5th2E.jpg

Choosing the right shape for the display base bugged me for a while. The launcher was erected on a slab of concrete that was round. Choosing a round shape for the display base (round on round) would have been ugly. Square or rectangular were equally out of the question. Using a random shape works, though. (My wife said it's shaped like a :love... :D )

LsW6sH2.jpg

I used cork sheet to make the substrate for the concrete slab.

The German book came in handy here. It explains that although the concrete slabs are 4m in reality, contemporary documents show they were supposed to be 8m in diameter. I decided to go with the size shown in the document which fits the length of the pole's swing arm.

WTbRcCg.jpg

More to come...

Back