• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ants build

Johnny, That's an old tree that I don't own any more so will have to make another similar to fit the space.

Shawn. I have some foam board and may use it in places. I was thinking of trying part of a celing tile - I use these for my dio bases. (the sort that look like compressed paper fibres). It is lightweight and easy to carve/cut and may just be perfect for what I need. Time will tell!

Ant

Kool,
Keep us posted on the ceiling tile.. (Make sure it doesn't have asbestos... :eek:hmy:
Looking forward to seeing how that one comes out..
Shawn

I got a start on the corrugated barn so thought I'd show you where i'm up to. Originally I was going to make it look like it had been hit but have now decided to have the damage to the roof manmade so I can stick a figure up there keeping watch. This dio seems to be writing it's own story.

HALFTRACK-DUELINTHESUN038.jpg

HALFTRACK-DUELINTHESUN041.jpg

HALFTRACK-DUELINTHESUN043.jpg

Thanks for looking - Ant

Thanks Cam.

I'ts actually a corrugated cardboard, about 400gsm. The problem is it is a 200gsm corrugated board stuck onto a 200gsm non corrugated board so one side of it is completely flat. This helps when it comes to sticking it onto a flat surface, like card or foam board but you have to be careful not to show the flat side or else it kind of spoils the illusion. It can be painted and is very easy to give realistic damage to.

Ant

I have moved the diorama part of this build to the "Dioramas" section of this forum. This thread will now just deal with the halftrack itself.

Cheers

Ant

Hi all. I took a couple of hours out this morning to finally give the halftrack its first coats of paint. It had already been primed and the track/wheels had been given a coat of matt black.

For the paint I gave three light coats - "German grey", dark grey and a coat of German grey with a few drops of white added to give the effect of sun faded paintwork? This was only added to the areas which would have been faded by the overhead sun. A lot of this will be toned down when the weathering is added

2010_0318lakevrnwy0026.jpg

2010_0318lakevrnwy0035.jpg

Cheers

Ant

Hi Ant,

Missed this build! :pinch: It looks great!! going to follow this one closely!!

So start building and show us more!!!!

Cheers Erik

Looking good... :dude

Mind you, if I told people I've just seen a blue German half-track, they might just think I've been drinking a bit too much of the cool-aid.... :drink

Hi All. Another little update.

The engine has been painted. Not sure what this should look like really but as it is covered with the bonnet I'm quiet happy with it as it is.

2009_1213lakevrnwy0043.jpg

2009_1213lakevrnwy0046.jpg

I have painted the running wheels and tracks, they still need touching up though! The decals are in place and the first stage of weathering has started with some general wear and tear. Then I will add scratches and chips etc before giving the whole thing a coat of dust. I'll do this when its base if completed so to get natural looking feel to the whole thing together. The masking tape on the windscreen will be removed after all the above is done and hopefully will look like they have been used to clear some dust off the screen.(looks a bit odd on the photo?)

2009_1213lakevrnwy0039.jpg

2009_1213lakevrnwy0048.jpg

2009_1213lakevrnwy0036.jpg

Thanks for looking. If there is anything obvious I've overlooked please point it out. I knocked one of the shields off and will probably put it back on next job.

Cheers

Ant

Ant,
Great job on the engine and all the rest too...
Too bad it's going to be covered up, Didn't they sometimes leave
the sides off??? It would be really cool if you wired it and
had it showing through open sides. Put a little wet oil spots and
such. Sweet.
Thanks for sharing.
Shawn

Thanks for your comments and advice. - thanks for the PM Laura

Shawn, the sides panels will be left off so the side of the engine will be seen. Adding some wires etc would be a cool option!

Ant

Back