• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ants build

Nice clean build so far Ant !!!

Don't know if you want to take this route , but if you want to show the innards you could show it shot up a bit ?

Don't have any concrete resources on this being in Africa , but definitely in Sicily/Italy .

If you want I've got some pics somewhere I could post for ideas - refs .

Thanks Glenn

Yeah photos would be great if you have any. I have seen some on t'internet but you may just have the definitive photo. Cheers man. You know I did think about knocking it out but decided I could always recycle it and do that another time. Although that time was nearly sooner rather than later 'Cos the PE on the gun was 'doin' me 'ead in!! :angry: and I nearly trunceoned it about an hour ago!! LOL. I look forward to seeing what photos you have. Nice one.

Here is where i'm up to now. Just a bit more PE to stick on then ready for an undercoat.

halftrackSBS041.jpg

halftrackSBS038.jpg

halftrackSBS032.jpg

Cheers

Ant

Ant , that's some beautiful work you've done on this so far !!!

Sorry I didn't see this build sooner , it's none of my business , but I was going to suggest you leave the shields off .

Sorry I repeated some pics , ..... that's what happens when the wife comes home for lunch and talks to me while I'm doing important stuff !!! :laugh:

I've got pics of 11's , 7's , 7/1's , 7/2's , 8's , Famos etc .
I think I've got more on another disc , but I can't find it right now .

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-695-0407-222.jpg

halbketteVierlingsgeschuetz_059-270.jpg

halbketteVierlingsgeschuetz_087-270.jpg

p56flak.jpg

SdKfz7slash1.jpg

4142hkette8-toderHGMitteGuderian_Ba.jpg

3.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-750-0001A-43.jpg

3.jpg

destroyed20SdKfz20Flak20with20Renau.jpg

flak_copy.jpg

ger.jpg

halbkette8-toFlakAfrikakorps_9c_1_B.jpg

halbkette8-tolivomagli_009-0311_Bay.jpg

sdkfz8-toFlak_Baydeww2.jpg

sdkfz8or9enginerepair.jpg

sdkfz7_11637.jpg

sdkfz37.jpg

t46-vi.jpg

sdkfzPzAfrika_Baydeww2.jpg

Thanks very much for taking the time to post all those photos. There are some brilliant images here. I have seen one or two of them before but mostly they are new to me. Must agree it does look good without the shields, didn't know that was an option. Not too late to take them off I suppose?

The photo with the collapsed barn is pretty much what I have in mind for my dio (terrain etc) but it will be made from corrugated iron and perhaps not so collapsed. I also really like the knocked out photo ( the one there is two of ) that is a ref for a dio in itself.

Thanks for doing these and thanks for your comments.

Ant :cheer:

Hi Saul, Michael

Yes this is the Trumpeter kit. I found the tracks a bit fiddly to fit (I think I over glued them when putting them together) and the PE is a bit of a challenge because I have never done any so complicated before but I am fairly pleased with the result up to now. Overall the detail/fit of the kit is excellent. As you say Michael, the best part is just around the corner :woohoo:

Thanks for looking

Ant

Hi Ant.

That is some great photo etch work. Just great looking build all around. And as Mike said. Now comes the fun part. Are you going to go basic German grey, or something a little more two or three tone?

Gary B)

sdkfz8or9enginerepair.jpg

No wonder these things were so slow. Look at how small that propeller is :silly:

Cheers Gary

Propeller, WHAY! (y)

I was thinking of a very faded Field Grey. I bet it would look good in some other cammo scheme though. :hmmm

Ant

G Cooper wrote:
No wonder these things were so slow. Look at how small that propeller is :silly:

Don't worry, see the other guy, he's got the second one ready to install! :woohoo:

Build is looking pretty good. :)

And the photos are really useful for reference... I've also got this Trumpeter kit in my stash, so the photos give me some great ideas. Now, just need time to build.... :unsure:

John

Fantastic work, Ant. Regardless of setting or colour scheme, I'm really looking forward to seeing how you do this beastie up.

Great archive pics, Glenn!

Rudi

Thanks a lot chaps, I really appreciate your comments on this build and can't wait to get stuck into the next stages. One more update - The Anhanger 51 has taken a bit of a beating and will be one of the focal points of the finished dio.

halftrackSBS044.jpg

Ant

Whilst i'm waiting for a good day to start painting I have been playing around with some ideas in my head for the base. I think it will be something like this. A rural farmyard scene that has been pounded to near ruin. The tree at the back will be a Stone Pine to add some colour and height, something like this
Websitetrees004.jpg

The rest of the dio might look a bit like this
HALFTRACK-DUELINTHESUN017.jpg

HALFTRACK-DUELINTHESUN022.jpg

Ant

Ant,
The tree looks great (all of them look good in the photos).
What are you planning to make the buildings out of?
Foam Core board is great and light, so it will help keep the weight down.
Keep sending those photos...
Shawn

Back