• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

An Old Friend...1/48 Revell P-40B Finished

An Old Friend...1/48 Revell P-40B Weathering Two

She's lookin' shop-worn for certain! :good:

An Old Friend...1/48 Revell P-40B Weathering Three

Ok this is the last, or what I thought was the last, of the weathering.

For this part I did go back over the different panels with the oils again. This time my main goal was to add a bit of blending. I did manage to get some better definition on some of the panels and did add some further effects on the panels near the cowl.

RIzoMUY.jpg

uvVACjL.jpg

fj8ZzGB.jpg

XQVuZNb.jpg

sSii4ge.jpg

pvbC7dD.jpg

1aGL9FI.jpg

680IDiS.jpg

ve5QGjG.jpg

Now following this set of photos this build went quickly. The small bits went on with little issue other than the canopy. I will expand on that more on the final update but for now I will leave these with you.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

My friends this build is finished.

Following the last update the little things were completed and attached. There was one issue that is now a glaring reminder to me that it is not over until it is over. One of the last attachments was the clear parts. Following my normal procedure I fitted them and then used Tamiya Extra Thin to attach. This time the glue marred the surface and made the clear nasty. This does happen and in itself it did not bother me too much except for the idea that I had been working this "live" and did not have alternative parts.

All in all this experiment was a success in my mind and I put it to the shelf with a smile.

1nHyv41.jpg

ZCYCDEa.jpg

oHIA8oX.jpg

BiVkSoO.jpg

HDMSw1x.jpg

U1e7bUH.jpg

CZi7LQR.jpg

xVsFIRz.jpg

xVsFIRz.jpg

nP34bz4.jpg

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Joe what are you trying to accomplish with the white. Not sure what it's supposed to be. Is the canopy on backwards, doesn't look like it's lined up right.

MP the white? The oils? You are right about the clears. When I realized what happened it was too late to get them off without a lot of damage and did not have alternatives.

Joe

Back