• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMC DH2-"WINGS ARE WIRED"

AMC DH2-LET THE WORK BEGIN

:idonno must be one somewhere else in the system . Got to have something to center it ( no big deal ).

Cheers, Christian B)

:idonno must be one somewhere else in the system . Got to have something to center it ( no big deal ).

Cheers, Christian B)

Could be because of the gyroscopic effect of the spinning engine.

:D

Maybe . Hard to tell about biplanes. They were still trying to figure out a lot of things :fencing

Maybe they hadn't figured that out yet, you know this was really early technology at work..:D

I have done a little more. I have added the control wires to the rudder peddle and wicker seat. I have also started the side framing.

Terry

DSC09242.JPG

DSC09243.JPG

DSC09244.JPG

I'm with Chris on the Wicker, gives it that laid back casual feel of aerial combat. :pilot

The rug tied the room together. :laugh:

Looking good, Terry! Maybe a dark wash on the wicker to give some shadows? (y)

Looking great Terry. I tried answering at work, but it didn't take. The spring would be for compensation of the prop wash spiraling down the fuselage and hitting the rudder at high throttle / low speed settings. This would cause the tail to deflect. At higher speed the effect is less pronounced as the airflow straightens out somewhat, but still there. This spring would lessen aircrew fatigue. I think they quickly went to adjustable vertical stabs that do not sit straight, but slightly off to air flow. Or at least that's my understanding.

Anyways beautiful work Terry and looking forward to more.
:popcorn
James

Looking good Terry (y) Love this plane it's looks so basic as opposed to the later byplanes, but as I understand it performed very well. Want to build one in the future but was afraid of the large amount of rigging, so your sbs will be a great help! Thanks (y)

Looking at the rigging of the DH-2, I finaly understand where the term "Fly By Wire" comes from :idonno

:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Erik

Looking great Terry. I tried answering at work, but it didn't take. The spring would be for compensation of the prop wash spiraling down the fuselage and hitting the rudder at high throttle / low speed settings. This would cause the tail to deflect. At higher speed the effect is less pronounced as the airflow straightens out somewhat, but still there. This spring would lessen aircrew fatigue. I think they quickly went to adjustable vertical stabs that do not sit straight, but slightly off to air flow. Or at least that's my understanding.

Anyways beautiful work Terry and looking forward to more.
:popcorn
James

I knew it had to be something like that.

More on the way.

B)

Looking good Terry (y) Love this plane it's looks so basic as opposed to the later byplanes, but as I understand it performed very well. Want to build one in the future but was afraid of the large amount of rigging, so your sbs will be a great help! Thanks (y)

Looking at the rigging of the DH-2, I finaly understand where the term "Fly By Wire" comes from :idonno

:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Erik

The term "box kite" was used sometimes too.

B)

AMC DH2-THE OFFICE IS CLOSED

The cockpit is all closed up and ready to go. Here are some pictures and comments are welcome. Next up the engine.

Terry B)

DSC09247.JPG

DSC09249.JPG

DSC09252.JPG

DSC09254.JPG

DSC09255.JPG

DSC09256.JPG

DSC09257.JPG

I don't have any WnW kits but I can see that they are superbly engineered. Are they Tamiya like in fit?

Regards,

Looks great Terry. Like how you patterned the wood grain on the plywood up front (y)

Back