• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Archeology eh? I'm a plumber- you know the difference right? An archeologist digs up something old and broken then takes it to a museum. A plumber does the same except he fixes it and buries it again. :fencing

Holy Crap!
Just realized they have opened up Youtube and photobucket at work! No more waiting to see what you guys are doing :dance

Can't believe they opened Youtube, there goes productivity...:rotf

They opened Youtube and Photobucket. :woohoo:

Are you not the IT guy Bob :D

Holy Crap!
Just realized they have opened up Youtube and photobucket at work! No more waiting to see what you guys are doing :dance

Can't believe they opened Youtube, there goes productivity...:rotf

Word of caution Bob ....Don't say it too loudly :eek:hmy:

Cheers, Christian B)

Spring arrives at 10:57 am (MDT). Currently -4C (-11C windchill), light snow, temperature dropping this afternoon to -8C, -21C overnight.

When it's springtime in Alberta and the gentle breezes blow (at 40 Kph and it's twenty-five below). You can tell you're in Alberta, 'cause the snow's up to your butt and when you take a breath of springtime air your nose holes both freeze shut. The weather here is wonderful, so I guesss I'll hang around, I could never leave Alberta, my feet are frozen to the ground.

Cheers,
Rich

More State Graduation Testing... Helping students insert a graph/chart into powerpoint presentations; correcting terrible grammar; :geek

being cussed out by parents because little Chaquandraea refused to give up her phone during testing; :vmad eating bad food and counting the days until school is out (46) (16 to Spring Break); :mpup

getting ready to sing Beethoven's Ninth with the Cleveland of Institute of Music Orchestra; buying wedding invitations, and that has just been since 0900. :yipee

Maybe this afternoon will be less busy as I pay bills, payoff my scooter, get a haircut, drop off and pickup dry cleaning, cook dinner, and study for Sunday school.

:zen :zen :zen

The conductor of our men's chorus is originally from AB.... He thinks Cleveland has mild winters... :woohoo:

On the road to Atlanta again...really getting tired of going there. I got a VIP there that refuses to work with me on getting stuff fixed for him so I got to go there to him. :bang head :bang head :bang head

A friend of mine, had a similar problem. The day before he deployed to Iscratchitstan he dropped a program into the A-holes computer. When he went to shut it down HAL from 2001 came on and said "Dave, I know what you are doing and I cannot allow it" and the computer would not shut down.

Happily when he came back he found other employment....

A friend of mine, had a similar problem. The day before he deployed to Iscratchitstan he dropped a program into the A-holes computer. When he went to shut it down HAL from 2001 came on and said "Dave, I know what you are doing and I cannot allow it" and the computer would not shut down.

Happily when he came back he found other employment....

That is great :rotf :rotf :rotf

Right now I am just killing some time before an interview with the City Parks and Rec. The job doesn't pay the best, but hey it is more than unemployment. I also have another interview on Friday with a State Park position. The following Tuesday I have an interview with three State Parks. All of those jobs pay very well. Up to $1000 more per month than the USFS. So I am very excited about those. Odd how I apply for so many jobs and never hear anything then all of a sudden get four interview in two weeks :geek :geek :geek :yipee

Just got back from the interview. I think it went very well. Found out the pay is more than I though and it is more hours as well so I hope I get it. :yipee

Nerdling, congratulations on the excellent interview, I shall pray that you get the job. Way to go!

I am looking at the possibility of traveling to Florida to attend the funeral of a close family friend. He isn't expected to last past tomorrow. I can only hope my wife would loan me the money so that I can go since I don't have it myself. I would hate to miss this one; this man was my friend and spiritual mentor and one incredible human being whose story is the stuff of legends.

Please pray that my wife comes through.

Sorry to hear that you're are sick James. Duke, sad to hear about your friend. I hope you will be able to make it to Florida.

Well I just got another email for an additional job interview. Another State Park job again, but this time it is the park of my dreams. A place I have been trying to get a job for years. Now I know it is just an interview but I am way excited. It's called Fort Stevens http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Stevens_(Oregon)

Duke, sorry to hear about your friend. Lost a close family friend recently to a car accident and wasn't able to make the funeral so I know how that goes.

Ryan, prayers and crossed fingers/toes for your interviews. Hope you land a good one. Fort Stevens sounds like it would be right up your alley. Never realized it was shelled by the Japanese in WWII. Learn something new everyday.

Sitting here fighting with some PE while watching Hogans Hero's.

Sorry to hear about your friend Duke I hope you get there.
That fort look's like a sweet place to be,best of luck nerdling.

Back