• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Thanks guys for the sympathies. I am booking my flight on Friday to go home on Monday. Meanwhile, I may be able to post some more pics just before I go.

I am heading up to the mountains this weekend for the last weekend of the downhill MTB SEASON

Can't wait.
The beast
IMG_1177_zps1053707e.jpg

Well I received a call from the Local Parks and Rec place that I interviewed with the other day. They offered me the position. So I am excited about that :yipee :yipee I did tell them that I have two more interviews lined up in the next few days that I want to go to first though.

Awesome :drinks

I'm knee-deep in Diablo III. The new expansion kicks every sort of butt.

I've not played that yet. I'm still stuck plying Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas. Oh and I just got a call for yet another interview for two different State Parks. Dear god I've never had this many places interested in me at once. :rotf Kind of a big confidence builder to be honest. One of the State Parks has a B-17 crashsite in it and the other as the wreck of a Spanish Galleon offshore.

Damn Ryan seems as you have made a name for yourself. Now to get a permanent job :good:

Yeah that is the only issue with most of these jobs. They all tend to be seasonal. But that is how you get your foot in the door.

Well I received a call from the Local Parks and Rec place that I interviewed with the other day. They offered me the position. So I am excited about that :yipee :yipee I did tell them that I have two more interviews lined up in the next few days that I want to go to first though.

When it rains it pours don't it? When I got my current job I had just started working for the local school district after being between jobs for 6 months. Nice to be wanted...:mpup

Spanish Galleon in the Pacific NW?

Ian, you know those things come with motors on it right?

When it rains it pours don't it? When I got my current job I had just started working for the local school district after being between jobs for 6 months. Nice to be wanted...:mpup

There was a regular Spanish trade route between Manila and Acapulco when they were Spanish colonies, silver to Manila, Asian goods to Mexico. With prevailing winds and currents, they usually reached North America off of Northern California, then headed south to Mexico.

Cheers,
Rich

You're a fountain of knowledge Rich (y) :drinks

I always associate them with the Spanish Main. Argg...

There was a regular Spanish trade route between Manila and Acapulco when they were Spanish colonies, silver to Manila, Asian goods to Mexico. With prevailing winds and currents, they usually reached North America off of Northern California, then headed south to Mexico.

Cheers,
Rich

That was the case with this one Rich. Except it was blown far off course and wrecked on the northern Oregon coast. They haven't found the wreck as of yet. But massive chunks of beeswax washes ashore from time to time. As well as fragments of Chinese pottery. Some of the pottery was actually found in native campsites. They had knapped it into projectile points. Of course there are also several outlandish "treasure" stories involved in that wreck as well.

I've been fascinated by the theories that the Chinese were visiting the western coast of North America long before Europeans were coming to the eastern side. Who's to say they didn't?

I am heading up to the mountains this weekend for the last weekend of the downhill MTB SEASON

Can't wait.
The beast
IMG_1177_zps1053707e.jpg

Nice!!! I'm more of a cross-country rider myself though. My bones break too easily to do the crazy downhill stuff. Our season is just about to begin. Some of the trails down in the valley are rideable now. :yipee

Always nice to be in demand. Hope all goes well for you Ryan!

Back