• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A get together with MA members!

Gatherings like this are always fun, putting a person to a name. A bunch of my online model train buddies get together once a year at a train show in York, PA. Initially we all went for the show but the after show gatherings have become so popular that most of us use the show only as an excuse. We have been doing this for like 8 years or so and we usually reserve a conference room at a local hotel for the evening and have what we call a 'drag and brag' where folks bring in their latest creations to show off as well as some suitable adult beverages and snacks to share. The more delicate models that we share here would be tougher to transport though. I will be attending the IPMS show in Columbus as it is only about 45 minutes from me. It will be during the open to the public day as I'm not a member. Hope to see some of you there!

Columbus Ohio huh...Cindy and I had to go to Pulasky VA for a wedding a while back, that was a long drive but nice one. Looking at the map I guess we were half way there. When is this show in Columbus?

I think an MA gathering would be a wonderful idea if enough people could figure out a way to do it. Meeting one another in person, getting together with people you "see" on a daily basis and share a loved past-time would be quite an experience, I should think. I know Poppy talks about MA quite a bit so I know it is an important part of his life and he thinks the world of the people he's met on there. You all inspire him, that's for sure. Something to think about! :hmmm
Dont tell your Daddy but we kind of admire :notworthy ]him

Well, that was nice of you, Dave. :) I do, too!

:) What a great thing - i love seeing modellers get together after so long on the net together.

Bob, I will try and come back over one day and spend a day at St.Louis again! :unsure:

Ian.

I"m going to sticky this thread and let's use it for any future meetup.

Gary July would be doable for me, now if I can get away for a weekend let's see.

Back