• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 USCG Point Class Patrol Boat model kit

h649830f.JPG

h64c807d.JPG

This little cutting pad is lousy with Coast Guard vessels. One more intake trunk to make, a wee tad more hull shaping, and TLAR Models US Coast Guard Point Class WPB set 2.0 will be ready to mold.

Here's something to think about...since you're doing rocky islands, how about a base? Like rough sea base so folks like me who can't construct stuff like that can just paint it? Or smooth surface base, maybe a cut out for where the boat would sit?

Just thinkin'...:hmmm

hc04dd71.JPG

My Gold Medal Models hatches & watertight doors came! Engeneering & refueling hatches in place on the stern decks
USCGC Point Welcome, on the left is a Vietnam era Model. The other two are Masters for a new pressure mold and improved castings!

Closer & closer!
hda0049b.JPG

Intake trunks done. After bollards need drilled & added. I've been going to 60 psi on the old Mirro-matic for rtv molds, but you can hear her protest(creak, bulge, hiss) when I do!
If I am blown to bits making a mold, will someone please, make sure The Surgeons get my model collection? Please!??
:rotf :gogo :blink

I sold the 18th 1/700 Point-Class Cutter kit. My supply of original castings is exhausted. I am Proud!
hf8e3c61.JPG

These are the upgraded 1/700 USCG 82's, improved YR Barge, RHIB Boats, and I decided to include the 1/700 Defender 250 Patrol boat in the revised mold as well. The Defender boat may not be era-appropriate. So what!
Hey, I own the Company! It's a silly-assed little part-time Company, but I do get to make these decisions on my own! The Model Mojo was flowing tonite!!
:rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf

Finished Masters for upgraded 1/700 82-Foot USCG Point Class Cutter set 2.0. Newest addition to the accurate hull shape, are the rub-strips along the after hull and stern. Finished bollards, hand rails along the deck house.
hf8e3c61_2017-10-17.JPG

This set is ready to mold as well!
h65c9e87.JPG

h984b07f.JPG

Not included, but enjoying the same improvements as the Resin Masters. USCGC Point Welcome got Her 81 Mortar/M-2 .50 caliber mount today!

h5b80c2a.JPG

It seems something has gone awry with my mold for the second go-around. The 82' Boaats came out good, but the barge casting looks like a 5-year old's balloon party has been had aboard.

If at first you don't succeed................. :idonno

h5b80c2a.JPG

It seems something has gone awry with my mold for the second go-around. The 82' Boaats came out good, but the barge casting looks like a 5-year old's balloon party has been had aboard.

If at first you don't succeed................. :idonno
Nah its teenagers and they have ZITs

Adolescent Barge Acne?! I would never have thought of that. Clearasil to the RESCUE! :tomato
h3e46856.JPG

The YR Barge may have had some air trapped under the casting pedestal. I re-did the handrails on the sides of the superstructure as well, because they cast like 5-inch gun barrels. :stinker
hcc42d59.JPG

I figger each mold this size uses 110 grams of RTV Mold rubber and activator (10-1 ratio) It seemed a shame to waste any space in the new mold, so I added SS Minnow and another targeting radar antenna for the Asheville class PGM's gun turret.

Stay tuned for more Model Madness!!
:salute
:eek:ldguy
:pilot

Lookie!! Re-mold results!! :yipee
Sorry, Kids, SS Minnow will not be included in this US Coast Guard Point class set. The results are stunning if I do say so myself.
h0bda576.JPG

I could not be more pleased! :D

Back