• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48th C.A. Supermarine Walrus * Completed *

1/48th Classic Airframes Supermarine Walrus

Started the pit detail painting, here's where I'm at

Strengthened the lower wing to fuse join with some evergreen plastic strips Ca glued and drilled to take brass rod inserts

all parts are now cleaned and numbered, although I have one part that doesn't show on the sheet!

It could be for the rudder trim tab that says to cut out from plastic strip using the supplied template.

Slow and steady progress!

both lower wings dry fitted with twin brass rod supports, they work well, this will give so much added support when both wings are fitted.

a dry fit of wings and a test piece of the thin metal rod for the rigging,

going by this build my thinnest wire could be one size thicker, but it's the thinnest I can find.
Searching around for 48th Walrus builds shows me each build has different sized rods used, walk arounds and photos do show these as on the thick side of things so I think these will do.

and a little cartoon I found for the Walrus!

more pics soon, playing around with washes for the interior green and getting the resin pieces sorted to fit without fouling the fuse joining step!, also added a bit more flooring as it seemed to be lacking in an area.

I'm posting your brass treatment Phil

Wish they didn't give you thumbnails to post but it's no big deal.

Looking mighty fine Phil :popcorn

Posted the full sized images...

DSC_9338a.jpg

DSC_9339a.jpg

Not a fan of imagebarn but the work is really good on the Walrus.

Regards,

not a fan of imagebarn

Neither am I Saul!! but only image site I can find that allows me to display bigger than that pitiful 1024 pixels wide here, thank's to crap bucket's new improved site.

Cheers!

1024 is pitiful??I remember having a monitor that wide was something.

Phil, the frame of the forum is only 740 pix so the system will resize the image down to 740, or 720...keep forgetting. So having images wider than 740 really has no advantage.

Migration of the site has been scheduled (unless I chicken out again) and as a result we'll have a new Gallery system. I'm curious to know what size you're looking to have.

Phil, the frame of the forum is only 740 pix so the system will resize the image down to 740, or 720...keep forgetting. So having images wider than 740 really has no advantage.

that's why i am using imagebam at this time, click on my pics and you can see them displayed at 1200 or 1280 pixels ((sometimes more - up to 2000 for a real close look at what I have done))

or this one for example - no way 1024 pixels wide would do this justice

What I would hope for is the migration of the site will allow PB :eek:riginal photo option, which works on other forums I'm on, but unfortunately not this one as it stands now, this is the only reason I started an Imagebam account because of the PB incompatibility with this one for larger displayed linked photos.

Edit - MP,

Will have to do some uploading to PB later to further check this out.

Your 2000 pix image

is automatically resized to about 720 to display in the frame of the forum. I made it clickable to go to the full size which you have to scroll up and down and side to side to view all of it.

DSC_8779a.jpg:original

Is this the code you're talking about?

Code:
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w55/xbgt3514speed/Walrus/DSC_8779a.jpg:original[/img]

Looks like it's working now.

Tell Imagebarn to take a hike and post away with Photobucket...if you must... :facepalm

pb does work, that is a 1024 max size pic of the box.

i cant understand why you resized the dio pic when it says click on pic to display at 2000x 1367

Because the forum frame is only 720 pix wide, it resizes the image to fit the frame. you can't fit a 2000 pix wide image into a 720pix wide frame. The original image is not touched, it's just rendered smaller.

I made it clickable to go to the full size which you have to scroll up and down and side to side to view all of it.

When I click on it, it asks where I wish to download the image...

Regards,

Well success at last with PB and view original size!

now by right clicking on the pic you can view it here at the large expanded size straight from PB.

So it seems all is working like the old PB used to, at last PB has fixed the prob

DSC_8725xe2000.jpg~original

DSC_8744x2000-1.jpg~original

Imagebam displays a thumbnail of the large photo, so when you click on the thumb it goes to the full size.

Interior just about done, will be adding a pilot and a few more extra parts but you can't see much once closed

DSC_9367_1280.jpg~original

DSC_9363_1280.jpg~original

Back