• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1:32 Hasegawa P-47 * * DONE * *

1:32 Hasegawa P-47

I would gladly trade you locals for the next three and a half months, Ian.

So d*mn frustrating !! :bang head

When we moved here to NZ, parcels from Hannants and other UK outlets would take from four-to-seven working days to get here. Now it's ten-to-fourteen on average. I ordered more Flory Wash direct from Phil and a couple of bits from Hannants that I need to carry-on with the build; both packages were dispatched on the 1st June, today is the 19th... :angry:

More when I can.

Ian.

Well , good of you to tell us about the extremes as we have been wondering which partd were true and which were fiction (y)

Good info . Very shinny :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

By the way, parcel time from outside the US have about doubled in time also but that's due to all this security stuff that has been put into place :facepalm

It's Friday here and the Flory Washes AND the extras from Hannants have arrived this lunchtime. Just my luck it's too bl**dy cold & windy to spend any time in the Man Cave later, but that's OK, as soon as the weather breaks-back I'll be back on my P-47...

...can't wait because I'm enjoying this build 'that much'.

Ian.

Wash going-on:

h6219eaf.jpg

hc25fd50.jpg

More next week, everyone have a good weekend, y'hear.

Ian.

Lookin swell Ian :popcorn

Thanks Bob, once I convinced Frau that there was no odour whatsoever from the Flory Wash, I was 'allowed' to work on the kitchen table, as long as the cutting mat was used too !!
(y)

Ian.

I really like the Flory wash I just wish it were available on this side of the pond. I have a bottle I bought when it was under the Promodeler name but it's not going last forever. Weird thing is that Sprue Brothers carries the light color but not the dark. Your 47 is looking great (y)

h15c95c6.jpg

Well the panel wash is on and dry, so with a (very) deep breath I masked the Theatre ID Bands ready for the black edges which I sprayed this afternoon. Stay tuned tomorrow, you'll see the 'unveil' about ten minutes after I do !!

:gogo

Ian.

1:32 Hasegawa P-47 - In the pattern !

Decals on:

hd7b0221.jpg

h31a005e.jpg

hab46abf.jpg

h58aeb1b.jpg

hdb85cb7.jpg

From the sheet that came with the Kagero 'Top Colours' book (same series of books & decals that Bob is using for his P-47). As ever please feel free to comment and/or criticise. More later in the week, real-life permitting.

Ian.

h3058c57.jpg

More photo's tomorrow too busy this evening. As ever thanks for following along. folks.

Ian.

Back