• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1:32 Hasegawa P-47 * * DONE * *

1:32 Hasegawa P-47

h2b53936.jpg

he7ab877.jpg

Using three main tones for the NMF. Stainless Steel, Aluminium and a 2-to-3 mix of Aluminium & Dark Aluminium. As you can see there's a shed-load of spray/wait/mask/spray again happening. This is simply the 2/3 mix and Stainless Steel, no straight Aluminium yet.

May be a while before I can get more done as it's far too cold in the evenings here, and tomorrow & Monday, Daddies Little Stormtroopers are off school, so there'll be almost no 'me time'... Grrrrr

:java

AFN

Ian.

Very quick update...

h54ed8f8.jpg

hef67978.jpg

...main 'Metalwork' done with AK Xtreme Metals. Tamiya acrylic Lemon Yellow, Red and Olive Drab for the colourful bits.

More later in the week.

Ian.

That's all the metals done, cowl on (no problems thankfully), flaps just pushed in to place for now.

hb84d7c7.jpg

h8f97236.jpg

hd78515d.jpg

hce3f406.jpg

h4e26990.jpg

hffdea7f.jpg

he9954b5.jpg

Please let me know what you think about the tones of the metal etc. Will have to leave it for a few days now as I've had to order a new batch of Phil Flory's 'Florywash' for the panels and the package is still on the way. Not a bad thing as I can build and spray the undercarriage parts tomorrow, and maybe start on something else as a 'background build' or maybe finish an already started build.

More later in the week with luck (and if Rural Delivery allows !!). Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian.

I must have missed it but what brand of metallics are you using? By the way the plane looks toppie. :good:

Thanks all for the comments and support, really appreciate it. Cannot recommend these AK Xtreme Metals enough, they're bl**dy fantastic and at a fraction of the, erm... 'sensitivity' of Alclads, and no I'm not on commission !!

Even if I had the time, I couldn't do any work on this just now as there's a very stable 'High' sitting over our part of NZ which means its very very cold (and still) so even 30mins in 'the Cave' simply isn't practical even if the Florywashes I'm waiting-on had arrived. Need to wait for the temperatures to rise a little before venturing-out.

Stay tuned folks, it should be worth it in the end.

AFN

Ian.

Back