• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AFV Club GMC M40

Tony lee

Master at Arms
Do you remember this?
The kit was released in 2006 but I didn't get this one until 2009.

When I got this kit I tried to get a replacement hull from the vendor and the distributor.
The vendor didn't have another and even though I sent pictures within an e-mail to the distributor I
never got any sort of response.

Boiling water,bending,shaping,rubber bands and clamps brought it back enough to work with but far from perfect.

You've already seen how I corrected the short barrel error.

Construction is underway:

That's it for now
Take care
Tony lee

NO WAY Mike,it's paid for :laugh:

Progress made today:

You'll love doing the pulley system :bang head :D

Take care people
Tony lee :)

Pup you've got very small parts to work with and their locations are not marked.
I drilled pock holes to give the half moon loops some thing to grip to. Glued one leg,lift the other leg up and put the pulley loop under it and then a smige of glue on the that leg of the half moon loop to close.

The one on the right rear casement has a chain link you cut,carefully pry open,slip the pulley loop thru the link,close the link back up with glue and then comes the half moon loops that holds it all.

The hull you could get rough with,not these. :gogo

Thanks
Tony lee

...just cool!

zdag.gif

Old man House gettin down :laugh:

Suspension plus I started adding parts to the front and made up a bunch of PE for later.

Beautiful day here in the Ozarks (y)
Tony lee

Pretty spiffy Tony. Really coming together. Lightning, occasional thunder, lite to pretty heavy rain all day here in Cool Pool.

James

I'm glad you got those springs going one way or the other, I did the same thing on my EZ8 and just waiting on someone to call me on it. :soldier

Back