• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Zero * * F I N I S H E D * *

Zero !!

Yep, had it for about fifteen years when I was seriously in to Japanese WWII aircraft, just made so much sense.

Ian.

Zero !!

Wing roundels and fuselage stripes done. Some inevitable touching-up but I'm quite happy with the overall 'look' - what do you guys think ??

h0eb5b60.jpg

h996bd64.jpg

hafed2b7.jpg

h7a69d90.jpg

hb0997b2.jpg

AFN.

Ian.

Zero !!

Generally looks good . Need some touch up on the right wing and you seem to have over spray against the tail.

Cheers, Christian B)

Zero !!

Generally looks good . Need some touch up on the right wing and you seem to have over spray against the tail.

Cheers, Christian B)

Yep I caught that as soon as I unwrapped the masking. Just got back from the bench now, remasked the stripes and re-sprayed the whole empenage. I'll redo that starboard roundel this afternoon.

Ian.

Zero !!

Main painting all done now.

h29526df.jpg

h1eb56ad.jpg

h369592c.jpg

Looks a little 'loud' at this point but will 'calm down' after a panel line wash and a little exhaust staining. Decided not to spray the tail stripes as the decal blue and the blue I've used for the band are very close.

More over the next few days.

Ian.

Zero !!

Weathering & decals:

h0515b4d.jpg

hdbb0fee.jpg

h626acce.jpg

Next, a little more light weathering then final varnish coats.

Ian.

Zero - downwind leg.

Undercart done, exhaust streaks and a coat of Humbrol SatinCote (sic)...

hae7f79f.jpg

h44e23bb.jpg

h79cf826.jpg

hbd04b8f.jpg

Going to let the varnish dry for two or three days as it went on quite heavy. Once it's handle-able I should be able to finish it in one good session. As ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

More in the middle of the week.

Ian.

Kit - Hasegawa 1:48 A6M3
Paint - All enamels
Decals - Aeromaster & kit
Extras - Ultracast resin seat. All major markings masked & sprayed.

Mitsubishi A6M3 'Zero'
Tainan Air Group
Late 1942

he8ce011.jpg

hca4b53f.jpg

h0caedc9.jpg

ha4ea0eb.jpg

hd4fa730.jpg

h68a0325.jpg

h21c3a87.jpg

As ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment. All for now, going to try and get the F-5 finished over the next two weeks and slowly work on the Ju88 in the background.

Ian.

Back