• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

YB 49

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Well since I blew Dave's Challenge bomber build I might as well just finish her off here.

When we last looked at this I had major construction done except the leading edge piece. I like that the mold the leading edge in on piece but I think I could have handled the seam on the leading edge better than the step gaps behind it.

Dry fitting I built up some of the wing to mate with the leading edge.

h70608e3.jpg

he74c8fb.jpg

When I rescribed the panel lines I had to fill again and repeat, several times. I can't draw a straight line. :bang head

So anyway, I got white primer on now and sanded down rough spots. first coat went on really powdery, dropped the airpressure and that resolved it, thanks Mike for the suggestion :drinks

h306c9b2.jpg

Ready for some coats of gloss black now. :pilot

I could never get those to work. I throw them, but they don't come back.

Wait, what?

:popcorn

For a project that size, you shoulda broke out the HVLP gun. :laugh: Glad you whipped the air pressure thing.

:drinks

Thanks guys, Winter storm heading our way so I hope to get some bench time in, especially with the heat fixed!

Photo Courtesy of FlightAware.com

I get weekly email from Flightaware and this was in it. Nice shot, same wingspan but it sure doesn't look it does it?

That is so cool! It also reminds me that I need to rebuild my B-2 Stealth to replace the one that was stolen. I just missed seeing that fly over the Rose Parade; it came in early. No worries; I'd seen it do that back in 1996 and 2000. I also have a YB-49 in the stash somewhere that I'd like to build and hang next to my B-2.

Looking forward to seeing more. Can't wait to see it in bare metal finish!

Thanks guys, Winter storm heading our way so I hope to get some bench time in, especially with the heat fixed!

Photo Courtesy of FlightAware.com

I get weekly email from Flightaware and this was in it. Nice shot, same wingspan but it sure doesn't look it does it?

The way I figure, it's a matter of being in the right place when the snow goes crazy . That way, you can get as much modeling time as you like :idonno Guess the pups can always drag you up the hill if need be. :rotf

Got a big pot of chilly cooking here :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Back