• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wright Brothers Chevy

Proof - not that you ever needed any - that I simply cannot stay focused at the moment. Dragged the 2003 Chevy back to the bench this week, and found a 2000/2003 Taurus body and rolling chassis that I'd completely forgotten about.

h7ce0f8e.jpg

h597ccf2.jpg

To be fair, it's all Disney/Pixar's fault, went to see Cars 3 a couple of weeks ago with the kids, absolutely loved it, great movie, and of course, Ben has pulled-out all his old Disney Cars die-casts AND done a school project on Richard & Kyle Petty so absolutely no surprise that I'd re-discover my enthusiasm for NASCAR models !! - Oh yeah, and next April, we're going to Florida for our hols and staying in an apartment on DAYTONA BEACH !!

More soon

Ian.

Thanks guys, appreciate that.

So I had a thought this morning, given how prone to tearing Slixx decals are, I decided to mitigate the (anticipated) problem by spraying the air-dam and roof blue - so if the decals do tear, at-least there's a shiny blue underneath to make patching a little easier :idonno

h102a522.jpg

More soon.

Ian.

Decals are happenng everyone...

h486f80c.jpg

h9dd158e.jpg

So far so good, with no tearing or rips. Need to touch-up on the 'B' pillar and where the red folds over the top of the 'door'. Just wondering why the last Slixx sheet I used behaved so disasterously and this one is behaving so well ? - talk about inconsistency !!. Ahh well on with the project... I'll let these dry overnight then tomorrow shoot a varnish coat to seal them all in before more decalling later in the week.

Ian.

Back