• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIP - Grumman X-29, the one with the wrong wings

mlp

cockpits_ama_x_29.jpg

The baes kit is the Hasegawa k1/72 it made back somewhere 1990 (or so). This kit has to be changed:
- new decals, as the "GRUMMAN" text is missing
- new pitot tube
- the spin chute installment

Believe it or not, somewhere in between the chaos what is named my live at the moment I found some time on the bench.

dscf0274_1.jpg

This is the second I've made. The first was picked up by my cat and ended up in the cat tray. This I'll hide somewhere - I don't want to do it again.

A step?

Really, where is it?

Is it maybe under the parachute? :laugh:

That is really looking good though, now that the jokes are over. Some very nice scratchbuilding.

Gary B)

:) Yes, Gary, the parachute hides away everything.

Thanks guys!

I think, when I continue with this speed I will finish this one in 2011 or perhaps 12, so stay tuned, get some chips some gallons of beer and keep watching - something will happen . some day :)

Well I'm doing something even its only to place ther decals in 2 hours, what a .... nice work to do :)

only some 15 or so to come

dscf0352_1.jpg

MMmmmmmm.

There's nothing quite like the smell of decal setting solution to get you all wound up and ready to go. That and maybe 6 or 7 cups of coffee in an hour and a half :woohoo:

And I like your decaling work station thingy. I don't know why I have never thought about something like that myself.

Gary B)

Thanks Stitch :)

G Cooper wrote:
MMmmmmmm.

There's nothing quite like the smell of decal setting solution to get you all wound up and ready to go. That and maybe 6 or 7 cups of coffee in an hour and a half :woohoo:

And I like your decaling work station thingy. I don't know why I have never thought about something like that myself.

Gary B)

Hey man, how did you know? But no coffee, after 6 cups I would shake everything up. And yes, this is my decaling and painting polystyrene block soaked in 4367 layers of all kind of paint and masking tapes :)

Oh my gosh.

That is starting to look great. I get all worked up just trying to put one little swirly stripe decal on a German propeller hub. All those stripes and lines would drive me even more crazy :silly:

Gary B)

Back