• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIP Double Duty

Well so much for being the President. ;)
I worked on those things for 5 hrs and got no-where with those tiny bits but I think i've got a solution but not till it's ready to paint.

At least I didn't waste the whole day.
100_0547.jpg

See Ya Later
Tony Lee :)

Keeping the shiny side up so let it shine. :laugh:
100_0551.jpg

The SU-76 is on the side lines waiting on a book.

Catch Ya Later

Did some more PE work today. Fenders are folded and ready to install,made a jack block and started working on a fire extinguisher. I even cut out some of the other parts and bent those for later all while watching the Toyota hearings. :woohoo:

100_0552.jpg

100_0554.jpg

Thanks for coming by

Hey Tony, back up on the loading crane, how did you get the PE to behave so well on that loop? I can never fold a good circle.

Hey Pup. I rolled it with a 1/8inch drill rod on top of my cutting mat while pressing down.

That's one side with one to go.
100_0555.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys

Wow Tony, those fender look very neat indeed.

Are you planning to bent them a little or are aiming for the new and pristine look?

Ruben

I don't know Ruben I guess it depends on the other side. I may just kink it here and there or really destroy the other side. :unsure:

Thanks for stopping by bud.

I wish they were Golden Jose because they feel like lead right now and Thanks. :)

Well the right side is done so that equals both don't it? :woohoo:
100_0556.jpg

100_0557.jpg

Dang another Saturday done gone.

Whoa Toner
That is the drake's innards!
I'm too used to modelling M4s. I reckon you could sling a Sherman in a papoose across the deck of this one :blink
Luvverly metal work.
Brad

Thanks Mike and as you get older they start to look like a picket fence too. :laugh:

BradJ my long lost amigo how yall are buddy? No I don't think the M-4 would fit,heck there even much room for the crew. :blink

Thanks Guys

Hey, hey Tony!
That's some awesome-looking work. How are you ever going to top this double dip?
I guess you're gonna have to build a 1-1 in your garage. But, what would it be? A King Tiger, perhaps?
Randy

King Tiger "NO WAY" Randy. Jagdtiger for sure SPGs Forever. :laugh:

My reference book for the SU-76 is here and it shows the exhaust pipes are heat wrapped.
The wife got me a roll of the paper tape that won't rip your skin off when removed and I cut it into some 1/8th inch stripes and tried to half wrap it around the pipes.
So what do you think, does it look the part????

100_0558.jpg

With a wire warp to hold the heat tape in place.
100_0559.jpg

Thanks for looking

Hi Tony

Just stumbled accross this build!!

Yeah this is looking great mate. The PE and Zimmerit are looking mighty fine. As for pipework, yes that works perfectly well. Keep up the good work.

Ant

Back