• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Well provisioned! Lil chuk builds some targets

I guess we can put a fork in it as it is VERY well done! :D

(ducks and runs for cover) :tomato

Been following this since the start Chuck and it is a wonderful dio! You are a great teacher and all your tricks are much appreciated! :notworthy

Fantastic work as usual chuk! Thanks for sharing and being an amazing teacher along the way! Looking forward to the MIG build.

Mike
:drinks

Thanks, everyone! It's so good to have this done at last- I hate unfinished projects. The box is in the recycling bin and all the spare bits and leftovers are stored away. We just finished our dog park's 25th anniversary celebration, which my wife was the main organizer thereof (she's the prez), and I served as Chief Gopher to smooth things along. Everyone had a great time, all the birthday cake got eaten and we made a goodly amount to help keep the park running. We're celebrating at our neighbor's down the street tonight with chili and beer (he's the vice prez.) :drinks

As far as modeling goes, I'll be printing full-size, color copies of all the Eduard Etch and Brassin instruction, as well as the Icaerodesign instructions, to put in a ring binder along with my home-printed kit instructions. Remember, I'm starting with an overtrees bare-bones kit! It will be nice to have all those loose sheets of paper organized in one place. Time to start cutting resin and styrene on my Mig 21_MF!

Very nice Chuk... I stared a Dio so a review by the newbie is in order ... I can't add anything that hasn't been already said ... Congrats on a Great Dio ... :notworthy (y) :ro: :dude

As far as modeling goes, I'll be printing full-size, color copies of all the Eduard Etch and Brassin instruction, as well as the Icaerodesign instructions, to put in a ring binder along with my home-printed kit instructions. Remember, I'm starting with an overtrees bare-bones kit! It will be nice to have all those loose sheets of paper organized in one place. Time to start cutting resin and styrene on my Mig 21_MF!

Congrats on the dog park! (y)

As to the binder, that is a really good idea! I ended up doing that on my Ju88 build as it was so hard trying to keep all the references straight. Then the PE and other instructions ended up there as well. Finally I even put all the PE frets on some card stock using some double sided photo mounting (temporary type) tape. This tape has blue on the label and is about as tacky as a post it. Keeping the PE layered between the cards and in an envelope I then keep it in one of the pouches in the binder. Safe and handy.

That turned out beautifully my friend.

I'll be painting my first figure ever this week. Just a pilot from a 70s Tamiya kit, but its time to give her a go.

...and I was missing this one :facepalm ... Just awesome!...full of details...beautiful, Chukw :salute

Luiz

Back