• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vietnam Campaign

What a co inky dink. The next show here in Oklahoma is June 10th and the theme is Nam. Soooooo I ordered the Italeri 32 F-104C for this campaign and hope it will work out to be in time for the show.

I guess I will see and meet you at the show, Paul. This will be my first Soonercon as previous ones have been held on the same weekend we do the Army Timeline event at Fort Sill for the Fort Sill Historic Site, Air Defense Artillery and Artillery Museums.

I don't know if any of my project for this campaign will be completed in time for the show unless it is one of the single figure displays, but I will be bringing some of my stuff built over the last couple of years that I would have brought to Soonercon if I had been able to attend the past three years.

Cheers,
James

What a co inky dink. The next show here in Oklahoma is June 10th and the theme is Nam. Soooooo I ordered the Italeri 32 F-104C for this campaign and hope it will work out to be in time for the show.

I guess I will see and meet you at the show, Paul. This will be my first Soonercon as previous ones have been held on the same weekend we do the Army Timeline event at Fort Sill for the Fort Sill Historic Site, Air Defense Artillery and Artillery Museums.

I don't know if any of my project for this campaign will be completed in time for the show unless it is one of the single figure displays, but I will be bringing some of my stuff built over the last couple of years that I would have brought to Soonercon if I had been able to attend the past three years.

Cheers,
James

June 10th, James. I'll be the fat, bald guy with a white goatee and a Tulsa IPMS shirt.

Cheers,
James

June 10th, James. I'll be the fat, bald guy with a white goatee and a Tulsa IPMS shirt.

I'll see you then. Not sure how you'll be able to tell who I am other than I would be the one with several plastic containers of Vietnam figures and dioramas for the show. I might also be wearing an Amphibious Reconnaissance baseball cap.

Ok, which to choose?
Here are my contenders.

Any suggestion? :idonno :idonno :idonno
Thanks
Frank

hf378a81.JPG

ALL OF THEM Frank :D

I would love to see the Mojave done though Never even knew there was a kit of it and you could maybe do the SAM for a North Vietnam ribbon extra :geek

CH 47 has my vote...talk about a work horse. Those things are like the B52 of the Army. 3 generations of pilots have been in those things.

Have a CH-47D in my stash but it won't be a quick build nor will it be easy to put up. (Trumpy's 1/35th scale) (Did I mention that like to super detail where it can be seen) The rotors would definitely be removable or modified to do so.

I think an official description of what it takes on the various ribbons is in order. Yeah, some are obvious, but others aren't would be good to have it in black and white.

Have a CH-47D in my stash but it won't be a quick build nor will it be easy to put up. (Trumpy's 1/35th scale) (Did I mention that like to super detail where it can be seen) The rotors would definitely be removable or modified to do so.

I think an official description of what it takes on the various ribbons is in order. Yeah, some are obvious, but others aren't would be good to have it in black and white.
They are all meant to be very brought church in scope so what ones you not sure of? I am sure you can massage almost anything that in any way was involved in the Vietnam war into at least 2 or 3 of those ribbons mate

My top three choices would be:

Chinook for the Army Ribbon

SA-2 Guidline for the YGBSM ribbon

Sheridan tank for the South ribbon.

Choctaw would be good for the Marines ribbon.

Is that too much? :idonno

Back