• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vickers Medium Tank Mk II

Soon Mike. I have been slacking in the modern stuff for the display so at the moment its a Shilka for me. Again the tracks are whipping me so ordered some Fruil tracks.

DSC06868.JPG

DSC06869.JPG

James

Tracks have beat me. Going to set aside until either metal tracks come out or I can model better.
Another successful start. Now what I wonder.
James

Are they the same tracks as used on the Matilda tank?

What part of the Vicker's track assembly has beat you James?

Good luck and cheers

Tracks have beat me. Going to set aside until either metal tracks come out or I can model better.
Another successful start. Now what I wonder.
James

James, it looked like you had a pretty good start on it.

What's the track problem? Maybe one of us can help?

Bob

Hi Bob. I seem incapable of assembling individual tracks. I have tried the "booger" method and my fingers stuck better than the tracks. I have tried using a jig and then taping them to transfer onto the model and they still break apart . Its supposedly easy but so far not for me. I don't why. So at the moment I am waiting for metal tracks to come out. And although I hate to take his modeling time away my buddy James (Maus) has said he would build them. What annoys me the most is following step by step the methods of better modelers and failing each time. Its the same with weathering. I am beginning to think the fine motor skills are worse than I thought they were.

One thing that really irked me was putting the tracks on the drive sprocket. They break and slide under each other because the tape does not stretch.

I have seen one other method which I have not yet tried where the modeler ran thread along the teeth to make a full track

James

Maybe if I can finish the Shilka it will give me the boost for the Vickers?

Hi Bob. I seem incapable of assembling individual tracks. I have tried the "booger" method and my fingers stuck better than the tracks. I have tried using a jig and then taping them to transfer onto the model and they still break apart . Its supposedly easy but so far not for me. I don't why. So at the moment I am waiting for metal tracks to come out. And although I hate to take his modeling time away my buddy James (Maus) has said he would build them. What annoys me the most is following step by step the methods of better modelers and failing each time. Its the same with weathering. I am beginning to think the fine motor skills are worse than I thought they were.

One thing that really irked me was putting the tracks on the drive sprocket. They break and slide under each other because the tape does not stretch.

I have seen one other method which I have not yet tried where the modeler ran thread along the teeth to make a full track

James

Maybe if I can finish the Shilka it will give me the boost for the Vickers?

I had to laugh when i read the above! Maybe it has something to do with age? :)

I hate the monotony of making them. I have six Shermans waiting, all with plastic, individual links and I've been dreading it for months!

I have started on one, a company called Armor Track models, and they have tiny pins that lock them together without glue. Still time consuming but no sticking to fingers! I have two jigs from different companies, but have yet to use either. Most of the links I have are from ARV or Dragon. I think it will take me longer to assemble the tracks than it did the tanks!

With me, when something stymies me like that, I'm so bull headed, it makes me get down and dirty. It kinda becomes a "Me to it" kind of thing! Here's what I do. I clear my mind, think of nothing else, set apart an afternoon with nothing else to do but that, and say to yourself, "It's gonna be either me or it, and by God, it ain't gonna be me"!

Now you have my plan! Give it a try, what's to lose! :yipee

Bob

Back